Battery

This is a discussion on Battery within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; The battery life on my phone is horrible! I see that other people have had the same problem. What are ALL of the things I ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Battery

Battery

The battery life on my phone is horrible! I see that other people have had the same problem. What are ALL of the things I can do to help my battery life???

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Today was my first full day with the Backflip. After about 12 hours of heavy usage, battery was down to 15%, which is acceptable to me, since I don't mind plugging it in every night. I expect to get better battery performance once my usage levels off. Here are my settings:

-Factory data reset as soon as I activated the phone
    -Battery Profile set to Smart Mode with 15 minute data cutoff for off peak hours and 30 min cutoff for peak hours, 3% screen brightness at 30% battery life
    -Screen brightness is never above 50%
    -GPS and Bluetooth always turned OFF, Wifi ON at home only
    -Google sync options are all turned ON
    -My Location sources turned OFF
    -5 total widgets: happenings, calendar, weather channel, sportstap, ATK. Everything else is just a shortcut
    -I used Advanced Task Killer a lot, like every 15 minutes (the widget makes it really easy). I would say it killed an average of 10 apps every time

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by UserName View Post
    The battery life on my phone is horrible! I see that other people have had the same problem. What are ALL of the things I can do to help my battery life???
    I was having horrible battery life too. No matter what I did it was awful, so I bought a spare battery from Ebay for $36.99. Normally I would charge my phone before I go to bed and in 6-7 hours it would be down to 35-40% with nothing set to sync. I received my new battery yesterday & fully charged it before I went to bed. Woke up this morning & it was on 94%. Much better. I read somewhere (can't remember, I was searching google) that there is a bad batch of batteries out there, so I guess that's what's causing everyone's battery problems. I will continue to monitor mine & post back how it's doing. I forgot to mention that my phone would always get hot, especially when I would download from the Market. I just went to the Market and downloaded several things & my phone isn't hot at all. That's a good sign.

My battery life can be horrible, or it can be 1 -2 percent points per hour, depending on what apps I use and leave on. We need a "juice hog" list -- starting with Gmail, PDANet, ATT Navigator, and Waze. All of these seem to require continuous connections to Internet (Gmail uses push?), or to satellite. Get Advanced Task Manager to keep track of what's on -- some apps load themselves periodically -- and hope AT&T develops ways to control the problem.

I charge the phone overnight and it's good to go until the next night, although there are times I will charge it during the day....you can't over-charge it can you?

Quote Originally Posted by UserName View Post
    Battery life seems to be an issue for some folks and not so much for others.

I've personally noticed that during days when my phone is busy with calls, texts, browsing and such, the battery gets drained a lot more than when the phone isn't so busy.

I kinda think that's to be expected.

The bottom line is gonna be that, if you're one of those people who's going to keep your phone busy all day, then you might as well expect to plan for an extra 'charging session' during the day. Maybe plug it into your PC at work in the afternoon, or whatever.

Other than that, about all you can do is to get an app killer and kill all the apps whenever you boot the phone and maybe now and then during the day, if you think about it.

And you might rethink whether you really need the pretty widgets or instant updates whenever one of your 150 close personal friends on twitter sends out an update about how one of their kids lost her first tooth or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Lendal View Post
    Battery life seems to be an issue for some folks and not so much for others.

I've personally noticed that during days when my phone is busy with calls, texts, browsing and such, the battery gets drained a lot more than when the phone isn't so busy.

I kinda think that's to be expected.

The bottom line is gonna be that, if you're one of those people who's going to keep your phone busy all day, then you might as well expect to plan for an extra 'charging session' during the day. Maybe plug it into your PC at work in the afternoon, or whatever.

Other than that, about all you can do is to get an app killer and kill all the apps whenever you boot the phone and maybe now and then during the day, if you think about it.

And you might rethink whether you really need the pretty widgets or instant updates whenever one of your 150 close personal friends on twitter sends out an update about how one of their kids lost her first tooth or whatever.
    very true. i took off my facebook widget because i figured that was most of the reason my battery wouldnt last very long. i took it off last night so we'll see how the phone does today. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Con5150 View Post
    I charge the phone overnight and it's good to go until the next night, although there are times I will charge it during the day....you can't over-charge it can you?
    No, there should be protection circuitry that prevents overcharging. You should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by amylyn1970 View Post
    I was having horrible battery life too. No matter what I did it was awful, so I bought a spare battery from Ebay for $36.99. Normally I would charge my phone before I go to bed and in 6-7 hours it would be down to 35-40% with nothing set to sync. I received my new battery yesterday & fully charged it before I went to bed. Woke up this morning & it was on 94%. Much better. I read somewhere (can't remember, I was searching google) that there is a bad batch of batteries out there, so I guess that's what's causing everyone's battery problems. I will continue to monitor mine & post back how it's doing. I forgot to mention that my phone would always get hot, especially when I would download from the Market. I just went to the Market and downloaded several things & my phone isn't hot at all. That's a good sign.
    So in 8(ish) hours you only lost 6% battery? I'm definitely interested to know how long this battery lasts. Please make sure to update us over the next few days as to how it all goes!

Have you conditioned your battery. It helps most of the time.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links