Is the backflip for me?

This is a discussion on Is the backflip for me? within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; I currently have a 8GB jailbroken iPhone, I also have my 32gb iPod touch. I don't really see the point in having my iPhone after ...

Thread: Is the backflip for me?

Is the backflip for me?

I currently have a 8GB jailbroken iPhone, I also have my 32gb iPod touch. I don't really see the point in having my iPhone after getting an iTouch, so I'm looking to get a backflip. Do you think i'll be disappointed with it after being used to the iPhone OS and features?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Honestly, it all depends on how you use your phone. Since you have an iPod Touch you probably won't miss the gaming on the iPhone. If you text a lot and use social networking a lot you will probably be happy with the Backflip.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenShox View Post
    ... Do you think i'll be disappointed with it after being used to the iPhone OS and features?
    Several ex-iPhone users here on this board have said that they're not disappointed after switching to the Backflip.

Quote Originally Posted by NaplesBill View Post
    Honestly, it all depends on how you use your phone. Since you have an iPod Touch you probably won't miss the gaming on the iPhone. If you text a lot and use social networking a lot you will probably be happy with the Backflip.
    That's pretty much me, the only thing that worries me is that people say the backflip is just a crippled droid.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenShox View Post
    That's pretty much me, the only thing that worries me is that people say the backflip is just a crippled droid.
    The people who say that are the same ones who will run anything with a google name on it. I'm not google fanboy but I do like some of their products and ideas. I am not a fanboy of Apple or MS either. I just choose whatever device or system works best for my needs.

The phone is far from crippled. It's not really "missing" anything but one option to load non market apps. That is easily remedied via a PC and the downloadable SDK. The yahoo vs google search is hardly a big deal at all to me. I don't even use the google sync services (mail, calendar and contacts) and only have a google login for the sake of using the Android Market.

This phone does everything I need in a very compact package. I love the keyboard and that's really important to me.

Quote Originally Posted by NaplesBill View Post
    The people who say that are the same ones who will run anything with a google name on it. I'm not google fanboy but I do like some of their products and ideas. I am not a fanboy of Apple or MS either. I just choose whatever device or system works best for my needs.

The phone is far from crippled. It's not really "missing" anything but one option to load non market apps. That is easily remedied via a PC and the downloadable SDK. The yahoo vs google search is hardly a big deal at all to me. I don't even use the google sync services (mail, calendar and contacts) and only have a google login for the sake of using the Android Market.

This phone does everything I need in a very compact package. I love the keyboard and that's really important to me.
    Well, after this post I went for it. I ordered the backflip, should be here in 2 days. =D

I just come over from a Nokia N900 and thought and was worried I wouldn't like my Backflip but even thought the N900 beats the Backflip in some areas the backflip is really just easy to use and keep up with everything going on in my life.

Anyone can do a backflip, it just takes guts
    if you dont commit to it you'll land on your head
    make sure u know how to do one
    and try on a trampoline first
    just dont wuss out half way through and you'll be fine....

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links