Dell Aero with Google Search??

This is a discussion on Dell Aero with Google Search?? within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Dell Aero appears on AT&T's website, with Google apps, search in tow | Android Central So according to engadget, the dell aero is going to ...

Thread: Dell Aero with Google Search??

Dell Aero with Google Search??

Dell Aero appears on AT&T's website, with Google apps, search in tow | Android Central

So according to engadget, the dell aero is going to have google search. Makes me hope when motoblur 2.1 comes out for our phones, AT&T will let us have google. But seeing as how Motorola made that deal with Yahoo, I'm thinking that might be a no. Why not just let the user f-ing choose?? So hopefully a root is right around the corner, so no waits or worries.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Electric View Post
    Dell Aero appears on AT&T's website, with Google apps, search in tow | Android Central

So according to engadget, the dell aero is going to have google search. Makes me hope when motoblur 2.1 comes out for our phones, AT&T will let us have google. But seeing as how Motorola made that deal with Yahoo, I'm thinking that might be a no. Why not just let the user f-ing choose?? So hopefully a root is right around the corner, so no waits or worries.
    That is so messed up. They need to put Google on the Backflip now.

I was thinking of waiting for the Aero, but when my old phone messed up and the Backflip was on Amazon for a penny, I bought it. I'm not saying I don't like my phone, I just wish it had Google search on it.

Ugh in the beginning I thought this whole no gogle search wasn't going to be a big deal... now I really wish the backflip had it. If only someone out there was dedicated enough to rooting this thing; it would fix so many problems.

What deal between Motorola and Yahoo are you referring to? I was under the impression that it was AT&T that had the deal with Yahoo and that they were the ones that were responsible for replacing Google Search with Yahoo, not Motorola (but I don't know this for sure).

I am still holding out hope that with the backlash from what they did to the Backflip, AT&T will leave in google search (at least as an option) and the option to install non-market apps in future updates for the Backflip (hopefully even before the 2.1 update) as well as for new devices.

I think the information in this article is definitely a good sign, though it doesn't mention anything about installing non-market apps. I guess we won't know for sure until either AT&T releases another device or we get our first update though...

Quote Originally Posted by acmasters View Post
    What deal between Motorola and Yahoo are you referring to? I was under the impression that it was AT&T that had the deal with Yahoo and that they were the ones that were responsible for replacing Google Search with Yahoo, not Motorola (but I don't know this for sure).
    Well AT&T is SBC/Pacbell who is also Yahoo so there ya go.. Theres no deal between AT&T and Yahoo, AT&T IS Yahoo.

Personally, I prefer Google search to Yahoo search. And more importantly, I prefer to make my own choice in the matter rather than having AT&T shove Yahoo down my throat.

But, really, as a practical matter, it makes no difference to me. The few times I do a browser search on my backflip are pretty limited. Maybe as few as two or three times a week or less. The rest of the time a PC or laptop is near at hand and I just use that.

And for that ultra rare occasion when I just HAVE to do a Google search on the backflip, I could just browse to Google.com and do it there.

So, although I really, really don't like it, I'm not about to get excited over it either. There are lots of other broken things in this life that are much more deserving of my attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Lendal View Post
    Personally, I prefer Google search to Yahoo search. And more importantly, I prefer to make my own choice in the matter rather than having AT&T shove Yahoo down my throat.

But, really, as a practical matter, it makes no difference to me. The few times I do a browser search on my backflip are pretty limited. Maybe as few as two or three times a week or less. The rest of the time a PC or laptop is near at hand and I just use that.

And for that ultra rare occasion when I just HAVE to do a Google search on the backflip, I could just browse to Google.com and do it there.

So, although I really, really don't like it, I'm not about to get excited over it either. There are lots of other broken things in this life that are much more deserving of my attention.
    Hehe, well said

Yeah, the yahoo search thing is annoying, but you're right, it is just an annoyance and not a huge deal. It's just the principle of the thing that gets people riled up. Personally I am more concerned about the blocking of non-market apps, because if AT&T really is committed to locking down their Android customers then they could actually remove even the ability to install non-market apps through USB in the next update for the Backflip.

Ya here is the link from Motorola stating their deal with Yahoo!. I didn't realize this was 5 years old.

Motorola Media Center - Press Releases

Also there is a deal between Samsung and Yahoo! as well. So I am expecting Yahoo search on the Galaxy S. :/

Yahoo! and Samsung Team Up To Become Your Default Search Provider | Android Phone Fans

Not really aware of a recent Motorola deal with Yahoo (and to the above post, no, ATT is NOT Yahoo), but Motorola has recently done a deal with Microsoft Bing because of the Google vs China stuff. There's some info here.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Electric View Post
    Ya here is the link from Motorola stating their deal with Yahoo!. I didn't realize this was 5 years old.

Motorola Media Center - Press Releases

Also there is a deal between Samsung and Yahoo! as well. So I am expecting Yahoo search on the Galaxy S. :/

Yahoo! and Samsung Team Up To Become Your Default Search Provider | Android Phone Fans
    That doesn't explain how Yahoo is the default search on the Backflip. Yahoo is the default search on the iPhone too. And if it was, then the Droid's default search wouldn't be Google search.

Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    Not really aware of a recent Motorola deal with Yahoo (and to the above post, no, ATT is NOT Yahoo), but Motorola has recently done a deal with Microsoft Bing because of the Google vs China stuff. There's some info here.
    Bing as the default search? Well I've never used Bing, but I still want Google.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links