Disable Tabletop LED brightness MOD

This is a discussion on Disable Tabletop LED brightness MOD within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Hey guys, I just got a backflip for testing out some apps Im developing and came across this forum. Like many of you, I quickly ...

Thread: Disable Tabletop LED brightness MOD

Disable Tabletop LED brightness MOD

Hey guys,

I just got a backflip for testing out some apps Im developing and came across this forum. Like many of you, I quickly became annoyed by the white LED menu buttons. They always stay on even during tabletop mode.

I decided to open up the phone and fix the problem. It is a rather crude fix, but it works! Here are the photo's:

1. The phone opened up

2. A shot of the LCD and LED's at the bottom.

3. Close up of the LED's. The 3 little white rectangles.

4. I placed black electrical tape carefully over the 3 LED's to block their light.

5. And the finished product. No light coming from the 3 LED buttons.

Keep in mind that this will block the light entirely, not just in tabletop mode. I didnt care for the lights anyways and dont use this phone as a daily driver anyways so its not a big deal for me not to have the lights.

Jason

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Man, I would love to do that, but there is no way I am going to open my phone.

I still don't understand why the android keys are so brightly backlit. I would much rather have them completely dark.

What are the size of the hex (TORX) screws?

**EDIT** Nevermind. Found your post over on the Motorola boards where you dropped and busted the glass on your phone.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    JIC anyone else see's this, has root, and wants to disable the bright a** backlighting on the keys, download Adjbrightness from the market.

AT&T's 13.37 update fixed this. When in night time tabletop mode (image #5 from the op) the lights are off. Are we talking about something else?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by martindiv View Post
    AT&T's 13.37 update fixed this. When in night time tabletop mode (image #5 from the op) the lights are off. Are we talking about something else?
    Yes, the 13.37 update fixed it when in tabletop alarm clock mode. But if you want to turn the backlighting off altogether, then that's what Adjbrightness does. (Granted you have ROOT)

Just so everyone knows you need T5 x 1-1/2 in. Screwdriver to get the 4 screws out. This is what I got from Sears http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00941707000P

Dorian: could you email or provide a link to your current version of adjbrightness? the current release on the market does nothing but force close my backflip (and everyone else in the app comments) since it was released a week or so ago. I did have the previous version, but I've wiped a couple times without backing up apps since then.

Thanks for any help.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links