I want to use the backflip for texting, no data plan

This is a discussion on I want to use the backflip for texting, no data plan within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; It is not a chance that AT&T will see you have a smart phone, it is a certainty. As soon as you connect to their ...

View Poll Results: How did you find android.net

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • DroidForums.net

86 62.32%
  • DroidXForums.com

21 15.22%
  • IncredibleForum.com

5 3.62%
  • AndroidTablets.net

5 3.62%
  • NexusOneForum.net

4 2.90%
  • FascinateForums.com

3 2.17%
  • ATTDroids.com

4 2.90%
  • SprintDroids.com

1 0.72%
  • GoogleTVForum.org

2 1.45%
  • Google Search

16 11.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I want to use the backflip for texting, no data plan

It is not a chance that AT&T will see you have a smart phone, it is a certainty. As soon as you connect to their network your phone broadcasts its identity. They will find out and they WILL add the data plan to your account. I had an Iphone I got used from my brother and as soon as I dropped my sim card in it my plan changed. I had planned on doing the same thing you intend to. Sometimes it takes a few days or weeks, but they WILL add that data plan. And don't bother calling them amd telling them you get no data coverage. If you want a wifi enabled phone, you are going to pay them for 3G whether you want to or not.
    Don't speak to me of the crunch. You know nothing of the crunch.
    You've never even been to the crunch.

Quote Originally Posted by xcyper33 View Post
    Whaa? $350? I thought the backflip was $100
    it's 350 for the non committment price. so thats the cost if i just wanted to cancel my contract which is what i wanted to do to get the new phone but she gave me an early upgrade.

I'm curious to know what argument you used that would have convinced the rep to remove the data plan. Even so, I still wouldn't be surprised if once you actually activate the phone if it gets added back.

Quote Originally Posted by TRave View Post
    I just ordered my backflip a couple days ago and we talked the sales rep into taking off the data plan altogether. It took some effort though with about two hours on the phone. we also talked her into giving me an early update and knocking $100 off the price. so instead of paying full price of $350 (non-committment) plus $360 a year for the data plan, I only paid the advertised $100 plus $18 for the early update. Everything worked out pretty well.
    This is a troll post. This cannot be done in the system at all, in any way, UNLESS the poster had a previous smartphone without data plan. In that one, exclusive case, his account would have the single code (that can no longer be added) that allows him exclusion from the data plan. And the majority of CS would remove that manually and add the data plan, at which point you are SOL.

We have been trying since January to have a data plan removed from a customer with a Blackberry. CS 'accidentally' removed her exclusion code. The customer has barked up the tree and gotten pretty high-level AT&T corporate involved, and still no dice. No low level CS will be able to change it unless you have the exclusion on the acct already.

i got mine from craigslist brand new for 125 freaking cheap i know. i called att and i added the data unlimited for 30 bucks because im not gonna have a smart phone and not have the smart added lol. but yeah i just switched out my sim cards and i have no problems.

i had a samsung flight at first then just switched out the sim to blackjack two and yes they added the unlimted data plan for smartphone which is 30 bucks for internet and 20 more for text. so i switched out my sim from the black jack to my flight and i called them and told them i got a text saying i got switched over to a smartphone plan they asked what phone i have i told them the flight they asked for the imei number i gave it to them and they removed the plan, then i called back to get the unlimted data internet and text, and i bought my backflip i have not gotten a text from att and i have the phone with all my accounts facebook, myspace and twiter no problems yet its been about a week.

Quote Originally Posted by sal2708 View Post
    i had a samsung flight at first then just switched out the sim to blackjack two and yes they added the unlimted data plan for smartphone which is 30 bucks for internet and 20 more for text. so i switched out my sim from the black jack to my flight and i called them and told them i got a text saying i got switched over to a smartphone plan they asked what phone i have i told them the flight they asked for the imei number i gave it to them and they removed the plan, then i called back to get the unlimted data internet and text, and i bought my backflip i have not gotten a text from att and i have the phone with all my accounts facebook, myspace and twiter no problems yet its been about a week.
    so what happened?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links