Opening Text Msg Attachments

This is a discussion on Opening Text Msg Attachments within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; When I receive a text message that has a pic attached, the message doesn't show a thumbnail of the image or anything, instead there is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opening Text Msg Attachments

Opening Text Msg Attachments

When I receive a text message that has a pic attached, the message doesn't show a thumbnail of the image or anything, instead there is a blue button that says "Download." Clicking this button tells me it's "Downloading" the attachment, but then nothing, I never get the image. It's not a one off, as I've never successfully opened a text message attachment image. On a regular text with no attachment, I can tap and select the message to forward it or what have you; on texts with attachments I cannot do this.

Any idea what's up?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Have you checked to see if it downloaded and saved it to your picture gallery?

I have 9 lockerz invites if interested PM me.

Yes, I've checked, none of these attachment pictures have wound up on my mem card or in my gallery. Plus I can't forward the text messages to my email to get the attachments, because the "Forward" seems to be disabled on specifically attachment texts.

Are you using the stock SMS app?

I have found issue using the stock app. I use Handcent SMS which is free in the marketplace and it hasn't given me any issues plus has a lot more features.

I would recommend trying that app if you already are not to see if it corrects your issue.

I've tried using the stock app and Handcent. Clicking the 'download' button on texts with attachments in Handcent returns an error "currently unable to download, please try again later," even though I have a full 3G signal. This is the same for all senders and all attachment pics.

Just a wild question here but you do in fact have an SD card right? I know some instances ATT forgot to give the 2gb sd card with the phone.....

Yeah I got the card the came with it and actually upgraded to more mem, but my current card is mounted and functioning properly for all other uses.

It almost sounds like a feature-set mis-configuration. Like if you had txt messaging enabled on your line, but not Multi-media messaging enabled. It sounds like you're describing MMS - "a text message that has a pic attached", which is a separate feature from SMS.

how odd, I wasn't aware it was possible to not have MMS enabled. I'll swing by the AT&T store and see what they have to say. Thanks for the input!

I actually found that if you use the "quick messaging" part of the native SMS client on the Backflip, it will just say "no message" or somethign to that effect when a MMS was sent. In order to view the images, I had to actually go through the Text Messaging inbox in order to see the images.

Dunno if that was really your issue, but it bugged the **** out of me until I realized why.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links