Question regarding warranty

This is a discussion on Question regarding warranty within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Hey guys so I have the one year warranty on my backflip and me being a drunk idiot, used the phone when it was pouring ...

Thread: Question regarding warranty

Question regarding warranty

Hey guys so I have the one year warranty on my backflip and me being a drunk idiot, used the phone when it was pouring outside. The phone works and everything but every now and than it will try to create a new contact "htc.htc" and randomly turn on the camera. I know most phones don't cover water damage but can I bring it back to the store for a replacement? Maybe I'll just crack the screen or something and try to get a new one.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

if you have insurance on it then it would cover water and screen cracks. other than that you are probably out of luck if there is water damage and no insurance.

Open you're phone and remove the battery.On the top of the battery there is a white sticker with red X's.Is you're sticker a different color?If so warranty is void.

Quote Originally Posted by quanpham View Post
    Hey guys so I have the one year warranty on my backflip and me being a drunk idiot, used the phone when it was pouring outside. The phone works and everything but every now and than it will try to create a new contact "htc.htc" and randomly turn on the camera. I know most phones don't cover water damage but can I bring it back to the store for a replacement? Maybe I'll just crack the screen or something and try to get a new one.
    Go to the store and check. That way you can be fully sure.

Most phone companys don't require you to have insureance from first day on a phone. I broke my phone once called added insureance, 2 days later turned phone in for new one. I think they made be keep the insureance for like 6 months but still cheaper then new phone.

F.Y.I. If you had you insurance more than a year you have to go through a bunch of red tape and pay your deductable on top of it so try to exchange your phone before the year and start over. Asurian costumer service sucks too.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links