Buying Backflip from Amazon.com: how to disable data plan?

This is a discussion on Buying Backflip from Amazon.com: how to disable data plan? within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Hi everyone, There's another thread [ http://www.backflipforums.com/forum/...internet.html] ] that had said someone bought their Backflip from ebay and were able to disable the data plan. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying Backflip from Amazon.com: how to disable data plan?

Buying Backflip from Amazon.com: how to disable data plan?

Hi everyone,

There's another thread [http://www.backflipforums.com/forum/...internet.html]] that had said someone bought their Backflip from ebay and were able to disable the data plan. Can the same situation work for me but getting the Backflip from Amazon.com? Really don't want to pay for the data plan

Help please & ty! :confused:

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Get a dumbphpne if u don't want data, what's with some people? The main and complete feature of this phone is networking and internet... u want to play music get a ipod, u want to message get an impression or somethin.

When I bought my phone from Amazon the data plan was part of the process, and like circa I do wonder why people would buy this phone and then want to disable the data.

Maybe some people don't have money for the data plan. Most of the time people just want to use an actual good phone for texting and sometimes Wi-Fi internet, such as the iPhone.

That's fine , buying the phone on Amazon without a contract will cost you well over $300......I bought it on amazon wireless for 1c but I needed to commit to a new two year contract and the data plan....

Well AT&T can identify what phone your using, easily. They are allowed to add a data plan but they might or might not if you call them. I want to be 100% sure that I won't need to buy the data plan for $30/month which adds up to a total of $720 for 2 years.

Good luck on all that.

This phone is a POS without the data plan, there are many better options if you want a physical keyboard with no data plan. We call them 'Quick Messaging' devices now.

Anyway, as soon as you turn the phone on it will register with the network as a PDA device and a data plan will be added eventually, and you can't take it off unless you switch phones. The ONLY way to run this phone without a data plan is IFF you had a PDA (not blackberry) without data plan BEFORE september 2009 and have the apropriate 'data exclusion' code on yer account AND you go into a NON-CORPORATE store to buy the Backflip, AND the sales rep knows how to activate the phone without the data plan in our system.

Good luck with that.

Exactrly what he said, and there's a very very slim chance any of us wouldn't throw the plan on there whle sellin the phone, there's absolutely no profit in the phone. Features are money. U really need to rethink your options if your really into texting and can't afford something as small as a data plan...

I'm not sure if this is because of version of Android on you Backflip or Backfip itself. I have the HTC Aria (2.1). When press and hold the power button, it gives me among the choices, turn off Mobile Network. Also, in Setup -> Wireless & Networks, there is an option to check/uncheck Mobile Network.

I'm with you on that not wasting money on data plan. I have the HTC Aria and don't have data plan. I already carry a company BlackBerry so I don't really need a data plan on mine. Now a day, there are so many free wife hot spots. I feel that this should be a place to ask for help and offer help on Android devices, NOT a place to judge how people live.

Cheers!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links