Update Not Available

This is a discussion on Update Not Available within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Hi All, I have heard and read about the update, however, I can't seem to get it and when I check the phone, it tells ...

Thread: Update Not Available

Update Not Available

Hi All,
    I have heard and read about the update, however, I can't seem to get it and when I check the phone, it tells me that I am current.

Is there another way to get the update? Am I missing something?

Thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by pjmatelli View Post
    Hi All,
    I have heard and read about the update, however, I can't seem to get it and when I check the phone, it tells me that I am current.

Is there another way to get the update? Am I missing something?

Thanks.
    No, you're not missing anything. The update was a limited test release. Only the first 1,000 people (Or everyone who downloaded before 1:00PM, as some people believe) were able to acquire the update. The update will be released to the general public once it's deemed ready, so it shouldn't be too long of a wait.

Today is 20th and update should have been rolled out, but I'm still getting update not available. Could it be because I'm using a non-ATT SIM at the moment?

Has anyone else updated today? Also, it's a long shot -- anyone is using Sipdroid on their Backflips? I'm staying with version 1.3.5 which sort of works -- any confirmation it hasn't been broken by an update (yeah I know that the latest Sipdroid is broken by an update).

I know this is a downer, but according to my AT&T connection they got a memo that the OTA update for the Backflip was not launched on the 20th as an earlier memo said it would be. They do not have any info as to when it will available for general release.

Yep, the thread dealing with the update in the Motorola Forums is:
    https://supportforums.motorola.com/t...t=390&tstart=0

It started out looking pretty good, but there have been a few people bringing up issues which look like they might cause a delay in the full rollout.

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    deleted by author

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links