Motorola is Running Out of Time...

This is a discussion on Motorola is Running Out of Time... within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Originally Posted by sirrx7 Very true but the Cliq is on T-Mobile so even if the Cliq gets 2.1 doesn't mean that the Backflip will ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Motorola is Running Out of Time...

Quote Originally Posted by sirrx7 View Post
    Very true but the Cliq is on T-Mobile so even if the Cliq gets 2.1 doesn't mean that the Backflip will get it.
    Remember... Not only does Motoblur need to pass compatibility but so do EVERY "in house" app that AT&T has thrown on the phone. There is absolutely NO WAY AT&T will push 2.1 to BF owners if Navigator isn't compatible.
    Believe it or not but Navigator, Radio, Music, etc make AT&T a good amount of extra money from Backflip owners. Hell even that Where app makes them a few bucks. AT&T isn't about to lose out on a penny of that money.
    Until everything on that cool little phone is compatible with 2.1 I honestly believe that you Backflip owners will be stuck with 1.5.
    For your and my wife's sake I hope I'm wrong but I'm just being realistic.
    Yea, I think its pretty safe to say that us Backflip owners will never get a taste of google navigation. AT&T is not one to give away free features when they could be paid for, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by luke31 View Post
    Yea, I think its pretty safe to say that us Backflip owners will never get a taste of google navigation. AT&T is not one to give away free features when they could be paid for, after all.
    Man, if that turns out to be true, I'm going to be pissed. It's a GOOGLE PHONE for crying out loud. (yeah yeah, android phone, you know what I mean). If AT&T really does prevent Backflip owners from taking full advantage of Google Maps in 2.1, I would seriously consider switching phones and/or carriers. I've always kind of assumed the accusations of AT&T 'crippling' the Backflip would no longer be valid once we got 2.1. Now I'm not so sure. :mad:

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Man, if that turns out to be true, I'm going to be pissed. It's a GOOGLE PHONE for crying out loud. (yeah yeah, android phone, you know what I mean). If AT&T really does prevent Backflip owners from taking full advantage of Google Maps in 2.1, I would seriously consider switching phones and/or carriers. I've always kind of assumed the accusations of AT&T 'crippling' the Backflip would no longer be valid once we got 2.1. Now I'm not so sure. :mad:
    Or at the very least, not buy an Android phone from them in the future until it is successfully rooted.

I honestly hate nothing worse than naysayers. Nobody here has any inside info from AT&T or Google. Stop speculating and spreading false info. Motorola has already committed to a 2.1 update. There is nothing AT&T can do to stop Google Maps from being loaded on 2.1.

Quote Originally Posted by NaplesBill View Post
    I honestly hate nothing worse than naysayers. Nobody here has any inside info from AT&T or Google. Stop speculating and spreading false info. Motorola has already committed to a 2.1 update. There is nothing AT&T can do to stop Google Maps from being loaded on 2.1.
    Are you sure about that though? I mean, I would SWEAR that "there is nothing ATA&T can do" to alter key features that EVERY android phone has, most notably the simplest of google search widgets and the ability to install nonmarket apps without the ADB method. I'm not spreading false info, as I made it absolutely clear that its all speculation at this point. All I'm saying is that the facts are consistent with this speculation. That's all, nothing more and nothing less.

Thats not exactly true.. At&t enabled blackberry maps after many years of having it blocked on there phones.

Quote Originally Posted by tae_254 View Post
    Thats not exactly true.. At&t enabled blackberry maps after many years of having it blocked on there phones.
    I never knew that actually. Still, I REALLY hope that it won't take many years of Android for AT&T to realize that they are limiting it.

I never knew that actually. Still, I REALLY hope that it won't take many years of Android for AT&T to realize that they are limiting it.
    Thing with blackberry was there was a lot of navigation applications you can download, with android its a very slim picking. Att will lose a lot of customers if they continue this and as fast as Android has grown within the past 18months, At&t has recieved a lot of sh** and will see that they need to get with it or get out. Iphone wont carry att for long

I wish I were at Google I/O and gotten the free Evo 4G..I would have dropped AT&T from the show, swallowed the cancellation charge and still be ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by NaplesBill View Post
    And there is nothing I hate worse than people who complain about other peoples thoughts and worries, especially when they have been proven true over and over.

At&T stated that their 3G network is great, there are no problems. When people PROVED that SF and NYC were not getting anywhere near the "guaranteed" performance, they admitted there was a problem.

Just because Motorola "committed" to a 2.1 update does not mean that AT&T Backflips will get it at all, let alone near the Moto date. As has been mentioned, AT&T layers their apps on top of the Blur and that will add some delay.

At&T also "committed" to having 5 android phones by end of Q2. What to do you think their chances of hitting that date are? What is your feeling about all the "naysayers" who said that they would not hit that date?

The reason I have a Backflip is that AT&T dropped support for my last phone 2 months into my mandatory 2 year contract...why am I supposed to believe that they will not do the same thing again.

They have had a tease for the Dell Aero on their website for weeks and have not even provided an expected launch date. I went into the store yesterday and the people there say THEY do not even know when it is going to come out. Right now, it looks like AT&T will have 2!!!!! Android phone available by the end of Q2.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links