Motorola is Running Out of Time...

This is a discussion on Motorola is Running Out of Time... within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Originally Posted by Zappcatt And there is nothing I hate worse than people who complain about other peoples thoughts and worries, especially when they have ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Motorola is Running Out of Time...

Quote Originally Posted by Zappcatt View Post
    And there is nothing I hate worse than people who complain about other peoples thoughts and worries, especially when they have been proven true over and over.

At&T stated that their 3G network is great, there are no problems. When people PROVED that SF and NYC were not getting anywhere near the "guaranteed" performance, they admitted there was a problem.

Just because Motorola "committed" to a 2.1 update does not mean that AT&T Backflips will get it at all, let alone near the Moto date. As has been mentioned, AT&T layers their apps on top of the Blur and that will add some delay.

At&T also "committed" to having 5 android phones by end of Q2. What to do you think their chances of hitting that date are? What is your feeling about all the "naysayers" who said that they would not hit that date?

The reason I have a Backflip is that AT&T dropped support for my last phone 2 months into my mandatory 2 year contract...why am I supposed to believe that they will not do the same thing again.

They have had a tease for the Dell Aero on their website for weeks and have not even provided an expected launch date. I went into the store yesterday and the people there say THEY do not even know when it is going to come out. Right now, it looks like AT&T will have 2!!!!! Android phone available by the end of Q2.
    If even the Aero comes out in Q2. It just seems like AT&T is not really dedicated to the Android platform.

And there is nothing I hate worse than people who complain about other peoples thoughts and worries, especially when they have been proven true over and over.

At&T stated that their 3G network is great, there are no problems. When people PROVED that SF and NYC were not getting anywhere near the "guaranteed" performance, they admitted there was a problem.

Just because Motorola "committed" to a 2.1 update does not mean that AT&T Backflips will get it at all, let alone near the Moto date. As has been mentioned, AT&T layers their apps on top of the Blur and that will add some delay.

At&T also "committed" to having 5 android phones by end of Q2. What to do you think their chances of hitting that date are? What is your feeling about all the "naysayers" who said that they would not hit that date?

The reason I have a Backflip is that AT&T dropped support for my last phone 2 months into my mandatory 2 year contract...why am I supposed to believe that they will not do the same thing again.

They have had a tease for the Dell Aero on their website for weeks and have not even provided an expected launch date. I went into the store yesterday and the people there say THEY do not even know when it is going to come out. Right now, it looks like AT&T will have 2!!!!! Android phone available by the end of Q2.
    Way to miss the point. It's not like any of these comments are in any way constructive. It is 100% pure conjecture being made to look as if it's based on some sort of facts.

It's very similar to when somebody says I guarantee you that so-and-so will do such-and-such and it never happens.

I find it 99.9999999% impossible that the Backflip will NOT receive 2.1. It took Motorola a few weeks to commit to 2.1 on the Backflip. And now, we get a couple people who want to claim it will never happen. There is no way AT&T could justify not providing it after Moto already said it was coming. Moto did not just make this decision on their own. They obviously had to work with AT&T on a release date. If they hadn't had to work with AT&T they wouldn't have waited so long to announce it.

What do you call Q2 anyway? Q2 ends at the end of June. That is plenty of time for a few phones to be released. Nothing about Android updates on AT&T has been proven at all so I don't get your point there. Are you really comparing field level service deficiencies to the promised update of Android on the Backflip? That would be completely different areas of AT&T and totally unrelated.

Personally, I find it very unlikely that At&t and Motorola will not do everything in there power to get the 2.1 update out for the Backflip, considering how much negativity they received over the phone. Your comparing apples to oranges. What does Motorola's promise to release the 2.1 update have to do with At&t's bad service in NYC?? Yeah At&t said they would have 5 Android based phones by the end of Q2, and even if they dont, how many times has a phones release date been pushed back and released at a later date. A lot. That would be like comparing Motorola's droid 2.1 update which was pushed back and was suppose to be released how long ago before it actually got released and At&t's 5 Android phones. Those are just two things that shouldn't be compared. And about the Dell Areo, everyone on the forums, myself included who work for At&t can tell you, if you don't keep up on the blogs you wouldn't know what phones were coming out or when they would be released until a few weeks if that before it is released and we have training over the device. That is just how i feel about the situation, but this is a community forum and everyone is entitled to there opinions..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links