Motorola is Running Out of Time...

This is a discussion on Motorola is Running Out of Time... within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; So far, I do not like what I'm seeing from Motorola for the 2.1 update. Take, for example, the Cliq. They announced Q2 as the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Motorola is Running Out of Time...

Motorola is Running Out of Time...

So far, I do not like what I'm seeing from Motorola for the 2.1 update. Take, for example, the Cliq. They announced Q2 as the scheduled release. Now, I know that Q2 is not yet over, but I'm quite surprised that Motorola hasn't even HINTED at a possible release date. Then, you look at how long it took them to roll out the 2.1 update for the Vanilla Android Droid. Judging from these facts, I somehow doubt that the Cliq update is coming anytime soon. Now, imagine how long we Backflip owners will have to wait for this update. Judging from these examples, the Backflip won't get 2.1 for a very long time. Just some speculation.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I hope you're wrong but unfortunately Motorola's reputation is not the best when it comes to updates.
    2.1 took months to get to the Droid and thats with it running Vanilla Android. Backflip owners have to worry about Blur passing compatibility before getting the update.

My wife is pissed that my Nexus One should be on 2.2 soon while her Backflip is stuck on 1.5. I've told her to forget 2.2 and to be very doubtful of ever getting 2.1.

I am worried that they are going to announce that they decided to just go straight to 2.2 and push the due-date out a few months.

There will be many people who defend that decision if they do it, saying. FROYO rocks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sirrx7 View Post
    I hope you're wrong but unfortunately Motorola's reputation is not the best when it comes to updates.
    2.1 took months to get to the Droid and thats with it running Vanilla Android. Backflip owners have to worry about Blur passing compatibility before getting the update.

My wife is pissed that my Nexus One should be on 2.2 soon while her Backflip is stuck on 1.5. I've told her to forget 2.2 and to be very doubtful of ever getting 2.1.
    Sadly that's what appears to be happening right now. Like you said, I wouldn't be surprised if the Backflip never gets 2.1; its as if everyone is losing interest in it And then you have AT&T complicating matters, probably trying to figure out how to block google navigation in favor of their subpar "AT&T Navigator" app. If this happens, I will probably drop the backflip altogether.

It's all pretty wild speculation , but I'll defer to you all as I have no experience with Motorola and updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Con5150 View Post
    It's all pretty wild speculation , but I'll defer to you all as I have no experience with Motorola and updates.
    Yea it's all speculation at this point. I'm just judging from what they did with the droid and how they are handling the cliq.

Im sure if the Cliq gets 2.1, then the backflip will get it. Just because there is no internet interest as some people put it, for the backflip. Its still a device that Motorola's reputation is based off. They won't say it's coming and not produce it. May not be when you want it, but im sure its coming.

Doesn't the Cliq also use MotoBlur? If that is the big hurdle in getting the 2.1 update, then once they have Blur working with 2.1 on the Cliq then it "SHOULD" be relatively easy for them to get it working on the Backflip.

Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    Doesn't the Cliq also use MotoBlur? If that is the big hurdle in getting the 2.1 update, then once they have Blur working with 2.1 on the Cliq then it "SHOULD" be relatively easy for them to get it working on the Backflip.
    Exactly what I was thinking..

Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    Very true but the Cliq is on T-Mobile so even if the Cliq gets 2.1 doesn't mean that the Backflip will get it.
    Remember... Not only does Motoblur need to pass compatibility but so do EVERY "in house" app that AT&T has thrown on the phone. There is absolutely NO WAY AT&T will push 2.1 to BF owners if Navigator isn't compatible.
    Believe it or not but Navigator, Radio, Music, etc make AT&T a good amount of extra money from Backflip owners. Hell even that Where app makes them a few bucks. AT&T isn't about to lose out on a penny of that money.
    Until everything on that cool little phone is compatible with 2.1 I honestly believe that you Backflip owners will be stuck with 1.5.
    For your and my wife's sake I hope I'm wrong but I'm just being realistic.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links