2.2... A new hope?

This is a discussion on 2.2... A new hope? within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Motorola expects Android 2.2 update to hit Droid 'in the near future' -- Engadget Motorola seems excited about 2.2. Perhaps they will grace us with ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2.2... A new hope?

2.2... A new hope?

Motorola expects Android 2.2 update to hit Droid 'in the near future' -- Engadget

Motorola seems excited about 2.2. Perhaps they will grace us with its awesome power?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Well, I posed the question of whether or not the Backflip is capable of 2.2 on the Motorola Support Forums, and everyone seems to unanimously believe that the Backflip is indeed capable. They say that 2.2 was made with slower processors in mind, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see. First thing's first though, let's get 2.1 already!

I have 2.1 running on my G1 (T-Mobile) and it has the worst hardware specs out. Being the 1st it's no surprise.
    We will have 2.2 running on it eventually and if the G1 can, the Backflip should.
    Alot will depend on whether or not AT&T will push it out or it root access is gained and a custom ROM is written.

Quote Originally Posted by DackParis View Post
    I have 2.1 running on my G1 (T-Mobile) and it has the worst hardware specs out. Being the 1st it's no surprise.
    We will have 2.2 running on it eventually and if the G1 can, the Backflip should.
    Alot will depend on whether or not AT&T will push it out or it root access is gained and a custom ROM is written.
    Um...the Backflip has the exact same crappy processor, and 20MB LESS ram...so we are in worse shape than you are. LOL

Sure glad the only Android AT&T sells was "Legacy" when it shipped, and the only other one which has officially been announced, but not given a ship date is also "Legacy"

Quote Originally Posted by Zappcatt View Post
    Um...the Backflip has the exact same crappy processor, and 20MB LESS ram...so we are in worse shape than you are. LOL

Sure glad the only Android AT&T sells was "Legacy" when it shipped, and the only other one which has officially been announced, but not given a ship date is also "Legacy"
    Forgive me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the backflip have more internal memory? (Backflip = 172MB... G1 = 71MB)

Quote Originally Posted by luke31 View Post
    Well, I posed the question of whether or not the Backflip is capable of 2.2 on the Motorola Support Forums, and everyone seems to unanimously believe that the Backflip is indeed capable. They say that 2.2 was made with slower processors in mind, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see. First thing's first though, let's get 2.1 already!
    Heck i'd be happy with 1.6 @ this point
    Don't speak to me of the crunch. You know nothing of the crunch.
    You've never even been to the crunch.

Quote Originally Posted by luke31 View Post
    Forgive me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the backflip have more internal memory? (Backflip = 172MB... G1 = 71MB)
    I was going by this page: HTC - Products - T-Mobile G1 - Specification
    which said it had 192 MB ram.

The Backflip has 256mb of RAM.

Believe it or not, that extra RAM will help a lot with running 2.1

I read this morning that 2.1 is coming out on Backflip in the 3rd quarter of this year.

I wish it was the 3RD quarter already...dang I want that update.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links