AT&T To release unlock codes for all phones

This is a discussion on AT&T To release unlock codes for all phones within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; You are allowed 5 free unlocks per year as per the settlement. Check this post: http://www.attdroids.com/forum/motor...html#post10609 The usual way of handling this is by saying ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AT&T To release unlock codes for all phones

You are allowed 5 free unlocks per year as per the settlement. Check this post: http://www.attdroids.com/forum/motor...html#post10609

The usual way of handling this is by saying that you are requesting for the unlock code because you would be travelling to a different country and would like to use a prepaid sim to save money...

Quote Originally Posted by toiday View Post
    Has anyone able to get the unlock code from ATT? Can you please share on how to successfully request for it?

Have anyone tried to get you unlock code from AT&T successfully if so please share your experience. I unlocked my mobile at www.unlocking4u.com within an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinda View Post
    I unlocked my mobile at www.unlocking4u.com within an hour.
    That is a pay service. We're talking about getting the unlock code from ATT for free. I followed the advise and called ATT for the code. They give me codes for all 4 of my Sony phones. For the backflip, they said it's not available. I believe they're honest with me on that because I have tried many paid service but they all ends up with not in the database. I ends up with some thing they say "calculate by hand" and it took the 2 days to get me the code. It works but cost me more than the normal cost.

Quote Originally Posted by toiday View Post
    That is a pay service. We're talking about getting the unlock code from ATT for free. I followed the advise and called ATT for the code. They give me codes for all 4 of my Sony phones. For the backflip, they said it's not available. I believe they're honest with me on that because I have tried many paid service but they all ends up with not in the database. I ends up with some thing they say "calculate by hand" and it took the 2 days to get me the code. It works but cost me more than the normal cost.
    Hmm... We are traveling internationally soon, and my wife called in to AT&T and they gave us the codes for our Backflips. First time she called in, they said we have to have the phones a certain amount of time before they will give us the codes, but they told us the the date we could get them, and when she called back in after that date they gave them too us.

Haven't actually been able to try them out yet though as I don't know anyone on T-mobile, etc.

I also see a bunch of listings on ebay specifically advertising unlock codes for the backflip, but I don't have any experience with these.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links