Advantages for v2.1 to 1.5?

This is a discussion on Advantages for v2.1 to 1.5? within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; I have been trying to compile a list of advantages for v1.5 to v2.1. Since the Backflip will be offered 2.1 in the 3rd quarter, ...

Thread: Advantages for v2.1 to 1.5?

Advantages for v2.1 to 1.5?

I have been trying to compile a list of advantages for v1.5 to v2.1. Since the Backflip will be offered 2.1 in the 3rd quarter, I was wondering if anyone has done research to see what the advantages are.

For one, I know one of the advantages is bug fixes (obviously), 2nd access to more applications that aren't compatible with 1.5.

With all the good things I am reading about 2.2 dealing with speed, I wonder if Motorola should just skip 2.1 and go to 2.2.

Please let me know. I am wondering...

Thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Short answer is no, they should not skip 2.1 and go directly to 2.2. The reason being that they have already begun plans to roll-out 2.1. To go directly to 2.2 would require them to throw out much of what they have already done and start over. This would make us wait even longer to get something better than 2.1.

Besides, there is always going to be something better and greater coming around the corner. Just take what we're given and be patient.

I agree. I understand BETA testing throughly. I was looking at it differently. Though.... usually going from .1 to a .2 is not a major change. Going from 1.5 to 2.1 is a major upgrade.

A different/better browser....not that I hate this one....I use it ....(stopped using skyfire again, too slow) I read that it has "live wallpapers"?

Quote Originally Posted by AirborneDude View Post
    I agree. I understand BETA testing throughly. I was looking at it differently. Though.... usually going from .1 to a .2 is not a major change. Going from 1.5 to 2.1 is a major upgrade.
    Conventional wisdom would agree with you, however, 2.2 adds much more (even from 2.1) than 2.1 does from 1.5.

some interesting things in here

News | Android Tapp

I had to tweet that link to Android Tapp Con5150... that had so much good stuff.

When is FireFox moible going to come out? I hear about it, but haven't seen anything. Been hearing for 2 years now about it.

I wonder if Google will come out with a mobile version of Chrome. I use that browser 95% of the time on Linux and Windows for the year year. It is so fast.

If Google did it right, they should have been working on a mobile version of Chrome and stuck it in Android 2.2.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links