Is Where the only free app that AT&T charges for?

This is a discussion on Is Where the only free app that AT&T charges for? within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; OK I'm sure we all already know that AT&T charges Backflip owners a monthly fee to use the FREE app WHERE. I have the app ...

Thread: Is Where the only free app that AT&T charges for?

Is Where the only free app that AT&T charges for?

OK I'm sure we all already know that AT&T charges Backflip owners a monthly fee to use the FREE app WHERE. I have the app installed on my Nexus One w/ AT&T (sideloaded because AT&T blocks the app from appearing in the marketplace) and get no charge for it's use but my wife has to pay in order to use the same app on her Backflip (pre-installed, non uninstallable).

Does anyone know of any other apps that AT&T is nickel and dimeing their Backflip/Android users for?

Don't bring up navigation as I can see them charging for that. Its their app.
    I'm just talking about apps that are free to everyone else in the market except for Backflip owners.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by sirrx7 View Post
    OK I'm sure we all already know that AT&T charges Backflip owners a monthly fee to use the FREE app WHERE. I have the app installed on my Nexus One w/ AT&T (sideloaded because AT&T blocks the app from appearing in the marketplace) and get no charge for it's use but my wife has to pay in order to use the same app on her Backflip (pre-installed, non uninstallable).

Does anyone know of any other apps that AT&T is nickel and dimeing their Backflip/Android users for?

Don't bring up navigation as I can see them charging for that. Its their app.
    I'm just talking about apps that are free to everyone else in the market except for Backflip owners.
    Wow, actually I didn't realize WHERE was free for everyone else, what kind of sense does that make that we have to pay to use it? Does anyone know why it is set up like this? I tried to google it, but it hard to get good results for an app called 'where'

Yeah I found that out the hard way.. I thought it was a neat app, reminded me of what Apple turned Sherlock into in the later Mac OS's..
    All I did was open the app once and looked at it for a sec. Didnt even search for anything.. And yep once the 'trial' was done, I started getting charged by ATT..

They hid that little fact about the app in the disclaimer at the BOTTOM of the main screen..
    If all you do is look at the icons you would never know it was even there..

I had Where on my iphone before it died and came preinstalled on my wife's samsung eternity. You guys are gonna love this. Free on Iphone after finding on itunes, monthly fee on samsung and still can't delete. And quite honestly its just a ripoff of yelp which is available for free on all phones and a bit more intuitive than Where.

You know, I've never had a problem with my AT&T service, but after owning an iphone (which I immediately jailbroke) and now the "android" available on the backflip, I am starting to get a little disgusted with their practices. I actually left Verizon to get away from nerfed phones. Now I'm thinking of going back after this contract.
    Don't speak to me of the crunch. You know nothing of the crunch.
    You've never even been to the crunch.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links