Trip to ATT Store - Interesting

This is a discussion on Trip to ATT Store - Interesting within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Well, went to the ATT store this afternoon to do the upgrade thing, and, as luck would have it, it was a bit of a ...

Thread: Trip to ATT Store - Interesting

Cool Trip to ATT Store - Interesting

Well, went to the ATT store this afternoon to do the upgrade thing, and, as luck would have it, it was a bit of a mess. A quick history less - we moved to the Chicago land area from another ATT market, and wanted cell phone numbers fro our area code (to cut down on long distance calls from schools, friends, etc). So we changed phone numbers. In the process, ATT also reset our contract dates on our phones to the date we changed our numbers. So, ok, I can deal with this. The person at the store told me that she couldn't do anything about it, and I had to call the 611 number. But, then they would be closed until Tuesday.

Left store, called 611, and spoke with some very nice rep's on the phone and have it almost resolved, tonight (not Tuesday). Only quirk is that I need to find a corporate ATT store, not a retailer (didn't know there was a difference), and then will need to call accounts dept and get me a waiver for my upgrade. I hope this goes ok ......... I cannot do anything online or at Walmart / BestBuy / Costco, etc according to the rep tonight. This will be interesting.......:confused:

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Why couldn't you go through the AT&T corporate site? Wouldn't that be the same thing. I used to do that when upgrading for free phones.

Dave

I asked that. She told me that it wouldn't work. I checked the ATT site, and my date is still wrong. I really think it was a approval that needed to be doen during business hours, and it being a Sunday / holiday weekend, they were buying time. I also noticed that the activation fee waiver (free activation) ends on May 31st.

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    deleted by author

Talking

funny thing something is up with att contract dates. lol but in this case in my faavor. not even 2 years on 3 lines. i upgraded last march 2009, my contract the main line i sup in october, my wife in november, and my son in december. lol so this is awesome that =att is messing up thier dates lol well in you case good luck.

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    deleted by author

I'll ask this here instead of starting a new thread.

I'm the only one in my family with a data plan, but if I want to use another line's upgrade can I remove the required data plan from their line after switching sim cards, and only get charged a prorated fee?

Quote Originally Posted by marvin View Post
    Your upgrade date and your contract date will probably be different. They have a customer rating system. Things like more lines on the account, more features used, and paying your bill on time will get your upgrade date earlier. The primary line on a Family plan usually gets an earlier update.

Go to att.com and log in. Then click on MY SERVICES. For the phone you want to check click on Contract (Wireless) This will load a pdf of your actual contract.

At the bottom of page 1 there will be a transaction date. This is when your two years started.

As an example my primary line on my plan has a contract expiration date of 11/23/2010. It is eligible for an upgrade on 11/24/2010.
    Did you buy the Backflip without a contract? If not, how does your contract end this year?
    Credit goes to ee0r.com for my avatar.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links