AT&T Announces New Lower-Priced Wireless Data Plans

This is a discussion on AT&T Announces New Lower-Priced Wireless Data Plans within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Originally Posted by jmgib I would talk to an actual ATT rep and get it in writing first though. haha, good idea!...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AT&T Announces New Lower-Priced Wireless Data Plans

Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    I would talk to an actual ATT rep and get it in writing first though.
    haha, good idea!

I also read that you can renew your line without having to switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Emcee View Post
    I also read that you can renew your line without having to switch.
    I did see an article that you could change phones/renew the line just so long as you didn't change anything on your service plan. That would mean you could change phones, etc, you just couldn't change the number of minutes in your plan, add/remove text messaging, etc... without having to take the new data package.

I know this is a little bit of a necro but I wanted to register to ask.

I got my new Backflip yesterday and it's pretty sweet, but here's the problem.. I had an Unlimited Data Plan on my last phone. I didn't touch my plan at all, but I received a text last night that said "Your Smartphone requires a data plan. We have added the appropriate plan for your smartphone. Call 611 or go to att.com/smartphoneplans for info."
    They changed my plan to a 200MB Data Plan and the only other option was 2GB, there isn't an Unlimited Plan as an option at all.

Why wasn't I left alone? I wanted an Unlimited Data Plan as there is no WiFi at work and I don't want it running 3G all day and sucking up my data (Especially because nearly everything is blocked and it would be nice to use it as intended!)
    Could I call AT&T and try to grandfather myself, perhaps? Or am I going to be stuck with watching my data usage?

Did you have a smartphone data plan before? There is a difference in the data plans for smartphones and the data plans for feature phones I believe.

That *may* be it, but I don't remember all too well.
    I had the AT&T Quickfire.. Unfortunately, it fell off a table in February (I have a very sassy cat) and the screen broke, so I've been using a replacement since, and I don't even really remember if it was a smartphone or "feature" phone.

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    deleted by author

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    I did see an article that you could change phones/renew the line just so long as you didn't change anything on your service plan. That would mean you could change phones, etc, you just couldn't change the number of minutes in your plan, add/remove text messaging, etc... without having to take the new data package.
    incorrect. data will stay on no matter if u change phone plan or mess with text.. just dont change the data package.. i havent seen one person that uses even near 2 gb.... my backflip uses right around 440 mb month and i use the thing for engadget and facebook every hour.. start using a wifi signal and this problem goes away..

p.s. i get paid by at&t to sell their pitiful selection of phones..

Id call em right now.. Ive had wierd issues like this everytime Ive upgraded my phones..
    Should be a simple upgrade but theres always something theyve screwed up or turned off or changed everytime I just upgrade my phone.. I dont know how, or where they get the idea that I want to change something but it happens everytime I let them do anything to my account. Last time I did it, couple years ago when I got my BB Curve, they turned off my text messaging package and I didnt realize it until I got my first bill after extending my contract.

Ive even had the SIM card in my Blackberry go bad, gotten a replacement, and theyve messed with my rate plans and packages AGAIN when they registered my new SIM to the account. I had to call em up the next day and yell again to 'JUST LEAVE THE PLANS WHERE THEY WERE I JUST WANTED THE SIM REGISTERED!!!'

Same deal with my fiances Blackberry as well.. She also had to call about her SIM card going bad, (not to mention both of us had to send in our refurbished Curves for new ones within two weeks of having them) when it was all sorted and fixed, they had turned off her damn data plan of all things. I noticed the last time she got her bill a month or so ago, now that weve both moved to the Backflip, they somehow got the idea that she wanted her 200 text messages a month turned off too without even asking..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links