Vanilla 2.1 versus 2.1 with MOTOBLUR

This is a discussion on Vanilla 2.1 versus 2.1 with MOTOBLUR within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; I don't know about everyone out there, but I'm seriously getting sick of hearing my friends talking about 2.1, 2.2, rooting, etc. I would seriously ...

Thread: Vanilla 2.1 versus 2.1 with MOTOBLUR

Vanilla 2.1 versus 2.1 with MOTOBLUR

I don't know about everyone out there, but I'm seriously getting sick of hearing my friends talking about 2.1, 2.2, rooting, etc. I would seriously be very happy with getting quicker updates if we could get them minus MOTOBLUR faster. I mean, there are widgets out there with apps that can do everything MOTOBLUR does. So, am I the only one out there who thinks this way? Would you all accept 2.1 sooner if it could be without MOTOBLUR?

We are SERIOUSLY missing out on some good apps. Developers are now worried about making their 1.6, 2.0, and 2.1 compatible apps run for 2.2. They are no longer concerned about making them backwards compatible with 1.5. Just makes me a little bitter.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

There is already a thread dealing with this really, but anyway...

For the most part, apps will still be made compatible for 1.5. Just because 2.2 is out (and the only people really with 2.2 at this point are those with N1s).

We know that 2.1 is coming in a couple of months. Motorola isn't going to create another, interim update without Motoblur support, and honestly it would be a waste of their time to do so, just to appease a few impatient people.

Hmmm

Well, I guess I'm just bemoaning it to bemoan. But when do you think "impatience" turns into "come on already"? Seriously, I don't think people with 1.5 asking for an upgrade is being impatient.

And we will be seeing less and less apps compatible with 1.5, whether you want to admit it or not. The Backflip is a nice phone, but you can't deny the combination of AT&T and Motoblur is going to make it one of the last phones to get upgraded from 1.5.

Quote Originally Posted by glrichard View Post
    Well, I guess I'm just bemoaning it to bemoan. But when do you think "impatience" turns into "come on already"? Seriously, I don't think people with 1.5 asking for an upgrade is being impatient.

And we will be seeing less and less apps compatible with 1.5, whether you want to admit it or not. The Backflip is a nice phone, but you can't deny the combination of AT&T and Motoblur is going to make it one of the last phones to get upgraded from 1.5.
    Well considering that from day one Motorola has stated the update will be out in Q3, I personally think it's very impatient of people who complain about it. Never once did they get anyones hopes up by saying it will be out before Q3

Exactly. Now if we were in Q4 and still didn't have the upgrade, then I would be inclined to agree, and say "come on already". But if they've said it'll be here Q3, then we have to give them until Q3.

so here is a noob question... I hear a lot of Q2 or Q3 but no where have I seen months or dates attached... can some one break down the motorola Q chart? Id like to know where Q3 falls and ends. Thanks,

It should be standard calendar year. That would make Q3 July-September.

Thanks! That makes sense.

I like the motoblur a lot, no problem waiting here.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links