overclocking

This is a discussion on overclocking within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; So on the similer phones that have the same hardware as the backflip have they been overclocked? What can are cpu reach? Does it make ...

Thread: overclocking

overclocking

So on the similer phones that have the same hardware as the backflip have they been overclocked? What can are cpu reach? Does it make the phone twice as fast when u oc it?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I had used a G1 for a while and rooted it asap. I noticed a small difference when I overclocked it but i mainly noticed a worse battery so I disabled it. But it might be useful for backflip owners as the batter in that phone was even worse than this one!

How fast did u get it? Can we get are phones faster then a iphone 3g?

If i am not mistaken, The backflip processor already runs faster than the iphone 3g's did. The 3g only ran using 412 mhz processor while backflip uses 528 mhz. The iphone 3gs though is much faster and we cannot overclock the backflip to that speed. Keep in mind I am not sure if the backflip runs at 528 or less. But it dosent matter until we get root anyway.

3gs was 600mhz

C2k
    Also keep in mind that mhz is not the only thing that affects performance. A pentium 4 procesor at 2ghz would not run as fast as those new i7 processors at 2ghz, just as an example.

Quote Originally Posted by C2k View Post
    Also keep in mind that mhz is not the only thing that affects performance. A pentium 4 procesor at 2ghz would not run as fast as those new i7 processors at 2ghz, just as an example.
    Correct. Chip architecture often has a much greater effect on overall performance than clock speed. Not to mention the operating system's ability (or lack thereof) to use the chip efficiently.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links