Playing music in the car.

This is a discussion on Playing music in the car. within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Originally Posted by Ravaged Pheonix I've aways had horrible luck with fm transmitters. Personally I recommend going to amazon and getting a new car stereo ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Playing music in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravaged Pheonix View Post
    I've aways had horrible luck with fm transmitters. Personally I recommend going to amazon and getting a new car stereo with av input. You can get a decent sony for around $70. Make sure it has a headphone type jack on the front. You will get way better audio quaity than an fm transmitter. Most good fm transmitters will cost at least that much anyhow and stil sound worse than a direct cable. If you get a call while hooked up it plays through your car speakers too and it will still pick up your voice pretty good without picking your phone up.
    I have to agree with this. FM transmitters are terrible. These days, a 3.5mm audio jack on the front of the car's stereo is an absolute must-have IMO. However old your car is, just get a new stereo, you will be so much happier.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravaged Pheonix View Post
    I've aways had horrible luck with fm transmitters. Personally I recommend going to amazon and getting a new car stereo with av input. You can get a decent sony for around $70. Make sure it has a headphone type jack on the front. You will get way better audio quaity than an fm transmitter. Most good fm transmitters will cost at least that much anyhow and stil sound worse than a direct cable. If you get a call while hooked up it plays through your car speakers too and it will still pick up your voice pretty good without picking your phone up.
    thanks! i was thinking of getting a nerw car stereo anyways! my car is an '01, but it doesn't have the stock stereo in it and i need a new one anways. i will def. have to try this out!!

Maybe I am joining the discussion too late. The antenna in my car is broke too but my FM receiver still picks up radio signals although not that great. I got a $5 FM transmitter from meritline.com and it works pretty well. It is not the smartest thing in the world, but it serves the purpose. I have not used it much with my backflip but used it a lot with my zune (which is now dead).

It will be very cool to stream Pandora into my car's radio!

You can also get an FM modulator. It's different than a transmitter. It does require that you pull out the radio and plug it inline between the car antenna and the radio. Most car audio shops carry them and I believe Best Buy carries them as well. The sound quality will be much better as well because it cuts off the car antenna when activated.

Why don't you guys like the FM transmitter's? My jeep only has CD/Radio, no input... I was thinking of trying out the FM transmitter. Do you get interference or something?

In my older Saturn, I have a tape deck. I bought one of the tape adapters and it works good, but I get interference sometimes from the phone... actually, even when it isn't hook up and the adapter is in the tape deck and player is turned on, still get interference. Will hear the phone syncing up with the towers. I know it is the phone because when I turn it off, it goes away. But it happens with any cell phone in the car.

I bought the adapter from Radio Shack. Is it not shielded correctly?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links