Thinking of taking back my Palm Pre Plus tomorrow for a Backflip

This is a discussion on Thinking of taking back my Palm Pre Plus tomorrow for a Backflip within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; but im wondering if this would be a wise decision? i love the pre plus, but i'm already on my second pre in a week, ...

Thread: Thinking of taking back my Palm Pre Plus tomorrow for a Backflip

Thinking of taking back my Palm Pre Plus tomorrow for a Backflip

but im wondering if this would be a wise decision?

i love the pre plus, but i'm already on my second pre in a week, and this one is already starting to fall apart(power and volume buttons wiggling around, the phone wiggles when its retracted and im using it sideways to browse the web it moves and clicks, and the slider doesnt have good tension at all). I dont want to be stuck with a phone i have to worry about it breaking.

I had an iphone 3g, didnt like it much and then i had an htc pure and had android running on it and love android. When i got my palm pre i fell in love with webOS, but im not satisfied with the build quality of this phone. And there hasnt seemed to be much development within the last few months of webOS, which is another reason im thinking of just going the original route i had in mind- Android.

So mainly im wondering hows the performance on the Backflip? I'm not asking for a comparison between the palm pre plus and backflip, as we all know the palm pre has a Cortex A8 and SGX gpu, but simply just how does the performance stack up for what it is? basically i dont want to get the backflip and have it running slow from trying to browse the web, or watch movies. how has your experience been with browsing the web, watching movies, playing games(gameboid lol)

I've read up around the forums about peoples opinions, and i kinda already am leaning towards getting the backflip.

I might go in the morning to just switch it out, so please, feel free to give me some advice on your personal experiences. :]

and im not so much worried about rooting the device as by next year hopefully at&t will have better android phones.

this forum might just start to see more of me. lol

and thanks again.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Definitely try out the phone in the store to see how it feels for you. Getting some hands-on time is what convinced me.

As far as I'm concerned, the Backflip meets my needs performance-wise. Sure it could be a little snappier, but only in comparison to the N1 or EVO.

Regarding webOS support, I wouldn't expect much, if any, for quite a while, considering that Palm was just bought by HP.

well i got the backflip today. i like it so far. just getting used to the 18 bit color, but other then that its pretty nice. although i still do have 30 days to take it back i may go ahead and get the htc aria, depending on how it is.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links