HTC Aria

This is a discussion on HTC Aria within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Looks like ATT has officially announced the HTC Aria. From the announcement: The HSPA 7.2 compatible HTC Aria features a 5MP camera, 3.2 inch HVGA ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HTC Aria

HTC Aria

Looks like ATT has officially announced the HTC Aria.

From the announcement:
    The HSPA 7.2 compatible HTC Aria features a 5MP camera, 3.2 inch HVGA display, touch-screen, and runs Android 2.1. Get a first-look with Dante Martin, AT&T’s Product Manager here: HTC Aria Unboxing with AT&T's Dante Martin . HTC Aria is available in retail stores and online starting 6/20.

Be interesting to see what restrictions if any are placed on the phone. This also appears to be running Sense UI and has Google Voice search. Interesting.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Looks nice and all but my next Android phone will have a larger screen at the least.

And 600mhz is crap for a new htc... 1ghz is the norm

Oh and I want to add, after getting a taste of Android with the BF I would want any new device I get to run the latest version .

2.1 is the latest version.
    2.2 isn't out yet and it'll be at least a month or so (Just a guess) before anyone other than the Nexus One gets it.

The Aria looks like a pretty nice phone. Underpowered but nice.
    I wish AT&T would stop trying to hold Android back and just offer a nice high spec Android Phone for the masses.

Quote Originally Posted by sirrx7 View Post
    2.1 is the latest version.
    2.2 isn't out yet and it'll be at least a month or so (Just a guess) before anyone other than the Nexus One gets it.

The Aria looks like a pretty nice phone. Underpowered but nice.
    I wish AT&T would stop trying to hold Android back and just offer a nice high spec Android Phone for the masses.
    True...I suppose what I meant was by the time I am ready to get a new phone 2.1 will not be the latest version...

Quote Originally Posted by Con5150 View Post
    Oh and I want to add, after getting a taste of Android with the BF I would want any new device I get to run the latest version .
    If you're referring to Android 2.2, I suspect it will be awhile before any new phones launch with it. Even the new EVO doesn't have 2.2 yet.

Can't believe it took this long for AT&T to get its second android phone. Damn AT&T. I'm happy with my Backflip though. QWERTY keyboards FTW!

They announced earlier this year that they had 5 Android phones coming this summer. So far we're aware of 4? Backflip, Aria, and the 2 Dell devices.

Weak.

1) At least they announced another phone(and it will hit before the Aero which they announced over a month ago)
    2) Underpowered-grr
    3) Tiny screen-3.2 and 480x320??? COME ON! We need pixels to enjoy the apps

Sorry, guess I am going to have to switch to the iPhone after all..was hoping for a last second surprise of a mid/high end Android phone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links