Broken Glass

This is a discussion on Broken Glass within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; So, I had the unfortunate luck of dropping my backflip on concrete and cracking the glass screen. Does anyone know where to get replacement glass? ...

Thread: Broken Glass

Broken Glass

So, I had the unfortunate luck of dropping my backflip on concrete and cracking the glass screen. Does anyone know where to get replacement glass? Or, do I have to get AT&T to replace it?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I don't believe you can replace the glass for the phone. I'd probably try sending it to Motorola if ATT won't replace it.

Just a follow-up for anyone looking to fix their broken glass. AT&T was no help what so ever and they only wanted me to buy a new handset. Moto however will fix it for $75+tax, but have to ship it to their repair facility.

www.motorola.com/repair

I would really hate to spend close to $100 to repair a phone when you can buy a new one for about the same or slightly more.

There is this on ebay:
    Motorola MB300 BackFlip PARTS - Digitizer Lens & Flex - eBay (item 360271106976 end time Jul-10-10 12:24:21 PDT)

But it seems way too expensive and I think it would be very hard to replace because the glass is mounted (glued I guess) to a sort of aluminum frame, so you would have to disconnect this frame from your screen and glue it to this one.

Another option would be to try to purchase a broken Backflip (that still has the glass intact) off ebay. It should be pretty easy to switch out the whole screen assemblies if you are comfortable opening up your phone (just unscrew the four screws on the back of the screen and pop it out).

Actually my wife drowned her Backflip, so I bought a working Backflip with cracked screen off ebay and am going to try to put her screen on it. I'll let you know how it goes when it gets here.

Honestly if Motorola will repair your phone for $75, that seems like a pretty good option as well to me. When I priced Backflips on ebay recently, used (working) Backflips were going for like $200, so that's quite a bit more than just getting yours repaired for a device you don't know the history of. Then again, you might be surprised what you can get for your broken one if you sell it on ebay for parts/repair, so that could make up part of the cost.

I wrote up a DIY on my site. Go to http://backflipandroidapps.mys4.org/...ement-diy.html to learn how to replace the glass.

Yea. I have had many broken screens in my day. But I have found a repair store called Dr. Cell Phone. I have referred many of my friends. And we haven't had any problems with their company. I tried before buying my own parts. No luck & bought fake parts as well. So thats why any time any one needs repair on their screens or any other part. I send them there.

after the vacuuming and sweeping, wrap a few yards of masking tape around your hand and pat pat pat the area for as long as you can stand it.

Couldn't you buy the glass directly from the company that makes it somehow? The company that makes Gorilla Glass? I'd say they have a website or something

Question Broken Link

Quote Originally Posted by nappent View Post
    I wrote up a DIY on my site. Go to http://backflipandroidapps.mys4.org/...ement-diy.html to learn how to replace the glass.
    Hello,

You have some active/online link with wizard?

http://backflipandroidapps.mys4.org/...ement-diy.html (doesnt work)

Thanks so much in advance.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links