Using Backflip as wifi hub for other devices?

This is a discussion on Using Backflip as wifi hub for other devices? within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; I searched the forums and didn't find anything addressing this (though I may have missed something). I want to use Square ( www.squareup.com ) to ...

Thread: Using Backflip as wifi hub for other devices?

Using Backflip as wifi hub for other devices?

I searched the forums and didn't find anything addressing this (though I may have missed something).

I want to use Square (www.squareup.com) to accept credit cards at my hot dog cart. The problem is, it doesn't work with anything lower than Android 2.0, so it won't work on my backflip. I am definitely NOT going out to buy an iphone (plus adding another cell account wouldn't be worth the money).

The idea I had was that I could buy an ipod touch, and somehow tether that to my backflip. I tried pdanet, but there has to be a USB connection (which wouldn't really work) or a bluetooth connection (which the ipod touch doesn't appear to support, although I plan to borrow a friend's to try it).

Is there any app out there that can make the backflip act as a wifi router for other devices (like the wifi-capable ipod touch) to connect to the internet? Or has anyone been able to successfully do through bluetooth that could tell me how?

I have limited testing ability right now (since I don't want to buy the ipod touch unless I know for sure I can make this work). I do have one friend that owns one I can do some testing on but haven't been able to connect with him yet and I"d like to have a solution in-hand that I can test rather than wasting his time just experimenting out of thin air.

By the way - though this is my first post here, these forums have been great resources! I love the fact that there is a whole community out there using the backflip to it's greatest potential and sharing their knowledge with others!

Thanks,

J.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

In order to do this, the phone must be rooted first. Once that's figured out, the rest should be relatively easy. From what I'm seeing, we are not too far away from a root.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links