Contacts issue help!

This is a discussion on Contacts issue help! within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; ok so i have all my accounts synced up to my phone, and my contacts has every one from all the networks (myspace,twitter,facebook). i tried ...

Thread: Contacts issue help!

Contacts issue help!

ok so i have all my accounts synced up to my phone, and my contacts has every one from all the networks (myspace,twitter,facebook). i tried to delete everyone else and only leave my sim contacts on the phone but i hold the contacts and the little menu pops up and i press delete, but i wont freaking delete. i just want my sism contacts on my phone.:confused::confused::confused::confused::con fused::confused:

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Your address book on the phone will show all of the contacts from all of your social networks, your google address book, and the motoblur contacts.

You can't "delete" your social network contacts. You would have to unfriend them. The best you can do would be to setup a group of only those contacts you want to see, and set that group as the display group.

What I did in this situation is 'Favorite' my sim contacts so it's easy to find them and I don't have to wade through all my other contacts. In the contact profile just go to the bottom and hit "Add To Favorites". Problem solved.

Just change the sorting in your contacts at the top where it says "Contacts: All Contacts" just change it to favorites and there you go.

Even better you can also merge the accounts. Say you have a friend who is on all of your social networking sites. Just open the main contact you want to use for that person, hit menu and link contact. Repeat for all instances of that person and again for your other contacts. It really helps clean up your list. Then while your at it you can mark them with a star and view favorites as your default view in contacts. I spent about 1-2 hours linking my contacts at first. Once done you only have to do new friends you add.
    Don't speak to me of the crunch. You know nothing of the crunch.
    You've never even been to the crunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravaged Pheonix View Post
    Even better you can also merge the accounts. Say you have a friend who is on all of your social networking sites. Just open the main contact you want to use for that person, hit menu and link contact. Repeat for all instances of that person and again for your other contacts. It really helps clean up your list. Then while your at it you can mark them with a star and view favorites as your default view in contacts. I spent about 1-2 hours linking my contacts at first. Once done you only have to do new friends you add.

When I discovered this it was just great , it made sense of contacts for me.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links