Samsung Captivate

This is a discussion on Samsung Captivate within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Seems ATT just announced another Android phone. This one looks pretty good. Wonder if this will calm some of the naysayers who keep ranting that ...

Thread: Samsung Captivate

Samsung Captivate

Seems ATT just announced another Android phone. This one looks pretty good. Wonder if this will calm some of the naysayers who keep ranting that ATT isn't getting serious about Android.

Samsung Captivate
    Specs:
    * Super AMOLED 4” touchscreen display – improved off-axis viewing and better outdoor visibility
    * Entertainment galore with six-axis motion sensor and 3D graphics engine and surround-sound audio
    * 5 MP camera with HD video recording
    * Choose from thousands of apps on the Android Market™
    * Integrated social networking tools – one place for status updates
    * 16 GB on-board memory for photos, videos, and music – expandable memory up to 32 GB

Also running Android 2.1 and sports a 1GHz Cortex A8 processor.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Looks sweet...and powerful. I was reading on Egadget that it seems AT&T stole T-Mobiles thunder on this as they were long rumored to be samsung's partner with this phone.

So this phone has a samsung version of the Motoblur , that's what the "Social hub" is?

The keyboard is a virtual one?

You're correct. It doesn't appear to have a physical keyboard, only an onscreen keyboard.

TouchWiz 3D is the "shell" installed on the phone. The social hub according to CNET is similar to HTC's Friend Stream, but yes, this would be their version of Motoblur.

Having had an actual keyboard with the Backflip I really don't think I would go back to a virtual Keyboard.

I still think TouchWiz is a hilarious name. Phone looks nice, but I can't live without a physical keyboard.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links