my battery goes out quick, is there away to save my battery?

This is a discussion on my battery goes out quick, is there away to save my battery? within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Okay guys i have a major update on this battery issue! Let download you on me first, im 16 so of course that i am ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: my battery goes out quick, is there away to save my battery?

Wink

Okay guys i have a major update on this battery issue! Let download you on me first, im 16 so of course that i am a heavy texter, i talk a lot on the phone, games are played for a bout 10 minutes or so several times around the day, music has to be there, and well internet i would die with out it. so i charged my phone last night after i installed the new task killer its called task manager it has a gray android logo on it. so i charged my battery right was full to 100% around the time of 6:58 a.m. it is currently 5:41 and i still have charge i am currently at 36%. this is the longest it has ever lasted me. so how did i manage this. steps will be listed down
    1. download task manager (gray android logo )
    2. download APN ONOFF (turns 3G off when not in use)
    3. do the charge cycle (charge it completely, let it die, repeat 3 times)
    4. go to settings and do the following:
    A. wifi off when not in use
    B. battery manager profile: smart mode, brightness should be all the way down. well for mre i can still see the screen.
    C. google sync, i dont use it so i tunred everything off and just left the background data checked
    D. location and compass: everything is unchecked.
    and thats about it that i did so far the battery is still good for the reamainf of the day! :backflipiso::motorola::blur:

The only thing I would add is to make sure that you turn off the GPS when it's not in use.

Quote Originally Posted by sal2708 View Post
    Okay guys i have a major update on this battery issue! Let download you on me first, im 16 so of course that i am a heavy texter, i talk a lot on the phone, games are played for a bout 10 minutes or so several times around the day, music has to be there, and well internet i would die with out it. so i charged my phone last night after i installed the new task killer its called task manager it has a gray android logo on it. so i charged my battery right was full to 100% around the time of 6:58 a.m. it is currently 5:41 and i still have charge i am currently at 36%. this is the longest it has ever lasted me. so how did i manage this. steps will be listed down
    B. battery manager profile: smart mode, brightness should be all the way down. well for mre i can still see the screen.
    C. google sync, i dont use it so i tunred everything off and just left the background data checked
    and thats about it that i did so far the battery is still good for the reamainf of the day! :backflipiso::motorola::blur:
    right now in the process of during your procedure. will let u know guys if ders any changes.

All i have to say is, good job. Very informative, and easy to understand. Glad to see not all of todays teens are idiots. I wish more of the kids living in my area had some intelligence about them like you do kid.

THANKS GOMER! just trying my best at fixing my own issues of this phone, but hey if i find something interesting i might as well share it right? today i finally got the 13.37 so im going to see how long the battery last me know since its supposed to have battery improvements. i did notice something tho, when i go the update my battery was at 56 percent i downloaded it over wifi. when the update was completely done, my battery was at 63 percent. im guessing motorola adjusted it battery meter. any new things ill probably post them here. later guys

so.... the charge cycle? do you have to do it simultaneously or can it be dead the next day then let it be dead the next day, etc. i tried ur procedure here except i use task panel instead of task mgr and battery life result is still the same.

For what it's worth, the one thing that really helped me out battery-wise, was to get rid of my task killer. Somewhat counter-intuitively, you're likely lowering battery life by using one:

FAQ: Why You Shouldn’t Be Using a Task Killer with Android Geek For Me – Sprint Evo 4g & CDMA Hero

I also got a wi-fi toggle and just turn it on if I'm using the browser or anything else that has to move lots of data.

I went with GPS off for a while and didn't notice any difference. A bit of digging on Google seems to confirm that just having GPS on doesn't really do much damage battery-wise. (And since I've Mobile Defense on my phone, I want GPS on in the event that my phone is lost or stolen.)

Juice Defender supposedly works miracles, but it's for 1.6 or greater Android.

Quote Originally Posted by benzilla View Post
    For what it's worth, the one thing that really helped me out battery-wise, was to get rid of my task killer. Somewhat counter-intuitively, you're likely lowering battery life by using one:

FAQ: Why You Shouldn’t Be Using a Task Killer with Android Geek For Me – Sprint Evo 4g & CDMA Hero

I also got a wi-fi toggle and just turn it on if I'm using the browser or anything else that has to move lots of data.

I went with GPS off for a while and didn't notice any difference. A bit of digging on Google seems to confirm that just having GPS on doesn't really do much damage battery-wise. (And since I've Mobile Defense on my phone, I want GPS on in the event that my phone is lost or stolen.)

Juice Defender supposedly works miracles, but it's for 1.6 or greater Android.
    Where did you read about the GPS thing?

Quote Originally Posted by polotrigger View Post
    so.... the charge cycle? do you have to do it simultaneously or can it be dead the next day then let it be dead the next day, etc. i tried ur procedure here except i use task panel instead of task mgr and battery life result is still the same.
    just lets say tonight, you leave it charging, unplug it use it untill it dies completely, then charge it up 100% again, let it die, charge it up again 100% and let it die.
    thats the charge cycle i did. also check you updates i got 13.37, noticed big difference too.

Quote Originally Posted by polotrigger View Post
    you should really try task manager, it works for me my dad, my mom, and my 2 sisters. we have the same phone, all come out with the same result

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links