my battery goes out quick, is there away to save my battery?

This is a discussion on my battery goes out quick, is there away to save my battery? within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Originally Posted by sal2708 you should really try task manager, it works for me my dad, my mom, and my 2 sisters. we have the ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: my battery goes out quick, is there away to save my battery?

Quote Originally Posted by sal2708 View Post
    you should really try task manager, it works for me my dad, my mom, and my 2 sisters. we have the same phone, all come out with the same result
    and that task manager is with the gray android logo and made by futon redemption?

Ok wow here is the deal the phone stops charging when it hits ful. Hence why the little light goes off and u nolonger get a battery charge signal. Lithium ion batteries after a year of use wil develope a charge memory, this is from people not letting the phone die down compleatly atleast once a month. I use to run into this all the time whe I worked as an ipod tech. The pre use charge cycle does help extend battery life but that is if u plan on using the same battery for the next 4 years. Chances are u have apps running in the background that are killing ur battery. Hope that helps

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    deleted by author

Quote Originally Posted by marvin View Post
    It is not a good idea to completely discharge the battery.

When you 'cycle' a LiOn battery you aren't training the battery liek you were with older batteries. You are calibrating the device and battery to work together and make the power readings more accurate.

I never turn off my GPS and it has little effect on battery life unless I am using an app that accesses it. This may not be true if you also have "Use Wireless Networks" checked under Location & compass. The location consent that you agree to gives google permission to access your location even if you are not using a location based app.

Battery references:

How to prolong lithium-based batteries

Charging lithium-ion batteries

The quote below is from the first article cited:

Farther down in the article they do recommend:

[/SIZE][/FONT]
    Wow! I didn't know that at all. That could be the reason why im having problems with the battery. My backflip gets fully discharge everynight and the only way i get to charge it again is at home. I'll bring the charger at work this time. And also I do a deep charging at night when i go to sleep. is that ok?

Sam
    Quote Originally Posted by marvin View Post
    It is not a good idea to completely discharge the battery.

When you 'cycle' a LiOn battery you aren't training the battery liek you were with older batteries. You are calibrating the device and battery to work together and make the power readings more accurate.

I never turn off my GPS and it has little effect on battery life unless I am using an app that accesses it. This may not be true if you also have "Use Wireless Networks" checked under Location & compass. The location consent that you agree to gives google permission to access your location even if you are not using a location based app.

Battery references:

How to prolong lithium-based batteries

Charging lithium-ion batteries

The quote below is from the first article cited:

Farther down in the article they do recommend:

[/SIZE][/FONT]
    All this exactly. Modern batteries do not have the "memory" that older ones do. Keep wifi and gps off when not in use, and keep your screen brightness down as much as you can. Those things will help. Oh, and task killers are usually counter productive.. android doesn't get bogged down with system resources like windows does, apps "running in the background" aren't really running, and killing them and restarting them kills the battery faster than just leaving them alone.

i do have a task killer, but i use it only when i notice there is lagg when i am typing or something but other than that, thats all i use it for to get rid of lagg, my battery now can last me the whole day, oh and another thing i switched to keep my gps on. just incase i lose it or something, no negative effect on my battery

i do have a task killer, but i use it only when i notice there is lagg when i am typing or something but other than that, thats all i use it for to get rid of lagg, my battery now can last me the whole day, oh and another thing i switched to keep my gps on. just incase i lose it or something, no negative effect on my battery
    Unless you are using an app that uses GPS it doesn't affect battery life to leave it on.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Okay guys i have a major update on this battery issue! Let download you on me first, im 16 so of course that i am a heavy texter, i talk a lot on the phone, games are played for a bout 10 minutes or so several times around the day, music has to be there, and well internet i would die with out it. so i charged my phone last night after i installed the new task killer its called task manager it has a gray android logo on it. so i charged my battery right was full to 100% around the time of 6:58 a.m. it is currently 5:41 and i still have charge i am currently at 36%. this is the longest it has ever lasted me. so how did i manage this. steps will be listed down
    1. download task manager (gray android logo )
    2. download APN ONOFF (turns 3G off when not in use)
    3. do the charge cycle (charge it completely, let it die, repeat 3 times)
    4. go to settings and do the following:
    A. wifi off when not in use
    B. battery manager profile: smart mode, brightness should be all the way down. well for mre i can still see the screen.
    C. google sync, i dont use it so i tunred everything off and just left the background data checked
    D. location and compass: everything is unchecked.
    and thats about it that i did so far the battery is still good for the reamainf of the day! :backflipiso::motorola::blur:
    just got the phone. thanks.is that task killer in the appstore?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links