my battery goes out quick, is there away to save my battery?

This is a discussion on my battery goes out quick, is there away to save my battery? within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; so yeah basically my battery will go out easily and i find my self carrying my charger around just in case, is there away to ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: my battery goes out quick, is there away to save my battery?

Question my battery goes out quick, is there away to save my battery?

so yeah basically my battery will go out easily and i find my self carrying my charger around just in case, is there away to save battery, what do you all guys do to save your battery.

:blur:
    :backflipfront:

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

This really depends on how you use your phone. Each widget or app you have running that is checking for updates will decrease your battery life.

Another option would be to go into the battery settings and change the profile to the Smart Profile. This will disable data after the phone is locked for X minutes which will cause you not to get updates, but it also greatly increases your battery life.

Junior Member jonny.paine@yahoo.com's Avatar
    I had that problem when I first got mine. And I did 2 different things to get my battery to work perfectly. First, do the charging cycle, let it charge all the way, take it off when it gets to 100 then let it die completely. When its dead, repeat this about 3 times. Then after that, try not to let your battery get below 25%. That will help a lot. Second, get a task manager. I like the one woth the gray android logo, and when your done with everything and about to lock your phone, kill all the tasks u don't want open. It doesn't like completely kill them it just stops them from staying open, and that should save your battery.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny.paine@yahoo.com View Post
    I had that problem when I first got mine. And I did 2 different things to get my battery to work perfectly. First, do the charging cycle, let it charge all the way, take it off when it gets to 100 then let it die completely. When its dead, repeat this about 3 times. Then after that, try not to let your battery get below 25%. That will help a lot. Second, get a task manager. I like the one woth the gray android logo, and when your done with everything and about to lock your phone, kill all the tasks u don't want open. It doesn't like completely kill them it just stops them from staying open, and that should save your battery.
    The very phone itself says NOT to let it die completley...To let it go down to around 30% and then recharge....also, it said NOT to leave the phone plugged in with a fully charged battery... this was from the "tips and tricks" widget that came pre-installed with the phone....

What's the deal with this battery in this phone? How do I maintain it?

well i sleep during the night lol im not gonna wake up to see if my phone is charged or not. lol. nut i got a task killer thing maginger, but i still need to try out the cycle charge thing, i might as well just buy a extra battery or so idk but yeah ill keep u all posted to see what happens.

You ARE NOT supposed to allow lithium ion batteries completely discharge. It damages the battery. You should recharge the battery whenever it gets to about 15%. You can let it completely drain occasionally, but I would suggest no more than once a month or so.

Junior Member jonny.paine@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Uhhhhh, it worked for me :D 3 different ppl at an att store told me to do that cycle and let it completely die. And actually, in the tips n tricks, it clearly said that this kind of battery on the backflip is immune to damage by overcharging. In fact, it stops charging when it gets to 100. Most phones aren't supposed to be left on the charger, but this one can. Whatever I did works, at first this phone would die after 3 or 4 hours of minimal use, but after this charging cycle, I can talk for an hour, text all day, go on myspace, and still have battery the next morning

I didn't say anything about overcharging the battery, though I'd be skeptical about some kind of "super battery". Pretty sure it's just a normal li-on battery, though the phone may have some kind of charge indicator which will stop charging the battery when it reaches 100%.

I was talking about the fact that when li-on batteries are completely drained they lose their ability to hold charge. Do this enough times or often enough and you'll ruin the battery.

okay so let me get this right. i charge my battery up to 100% unplug it and use it till it drains out on me, then charge it up again and repeat what i did the first time. i just drained my first part of the cycle now i am charging for the second time that i am going to drain it.

okay so i killed it once and charged it up and now i am on the second kill, and not to lie but i did notice a significance in the way it lasted or maybe it was just me. so after this time that it will drain im gonna do the charge up and kill it for the 3rd time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links