Trade in your Backflip for an Aria?

This is a discussion on Trade in your Backflip for an Aria? within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Originally Posted by luke31 Well, I just stopped into an AT&T store. I have the say, the aria FLIES! It is so much faster and ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trade in your Backflip for an Aria?

Quote Originally Posted by luke31 View Post
    Well, I just stopped into an AT&T store. I have the say, the aria FLIES! It is so much faster and more responsive than I expected. This gets me wondering...is it superior processor performance, or is it simply the fact that it has 2.1. Idk, but it sure leaves the backflip in the dust in terms of responsiveness and quickness. Now I kinda wish I didn't jump to buy the backflip when it first came out, but its too late to dwell on the past
    Well, the Aria's specs aren't really that much better (600Mhz vs 528Mhz processor and 384MB of RAM vs 256MB), so I'd guess that the noticeable speed bump probably has more to do with 2.1. Also, HTC seems to have a better record of getting the full potential out of a phone's hardware and software than Motorola, but not everyone would agree with that.

For me, a physical keyboard will always take precedence, so unless AT&T miraculously announces that they're getting the Droid 2, I'm going to be happy with my Backflip (more so when it gets 2.1).

Yes the specs are slightly similar but the Backflip more than likely won't go past 2.1. HTC has already confirmed that EVERY HTC phone released in 2010 WILL get Froyo. The Aria is a snappy little phone now. Can you imagine AFTER it gets Froyo and the JIT compiler?
    BTW Sense comes with pretty nice social networking widgets.

I choose this phone for the large display and keboard,over the blackberrys and HTCs.but if you read my post on 4 since May1st,you'll understandwhy I say"in a heartbeat!"!!

I bought my backflip off contract so come november I'm hoping that samsung or the dell streak is out. I'm hoping for the streak because of the 5 inch screen

That is so nice, a 5 inch screen. I can't imagine they will go any bigger than that though... it would become a tablet.

I'm way past my 30 days but I'll most likely sell my backflip and get the aria.

Better battery life
    2.1 (I dont want to wait around for 2.1 on the backflip)
    Sense UI
    Rooted
    Faster

I'm definitely staying with my Backflip, just because of the hard keyboard mostly. But yeah, Aria looks like it beats Backflip in pretty much every other respect.

Not sure about build quality though, I was pretty impressed with how sturdily constructed the Backflip is when I opened my Wife's up (after she drowned it) compared to all the HTC phones I have opened in the past (not that they were bad themselves), but HTC's newer phones might be better, I dunno.

I am staying with my BackFlip to... There are to many cool features with it.

I am counting the days for 2.1 though...

No doubt swapping this lousy phone for an Aria Thursday.

It's my fault for trusting the Motorola brand, however, this phone is the worst android device on the market, hands down.

They can't even give an update to 1000 people without hangups...lol...three blind mice

I stopped in Best Buy today and had a look... the screen is way too small for the phone to not have a keyboard. It's really thin too, so it would be unconformable to hold when making a call. This phone may appeal to some, but I definitely prefer the Backflip (as long as they're still promising 2.1 or the hope of a route somewhere down the road).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links