Trade in your Backflip for an Aria?

This is a discussion on Trade in your Backflip for an Aria? within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Question: For those of us that have recently gotten our Backflips (within the 30 day return window if you got it from ATT), anyone considering ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trade in your Backflip for an Aria?

Trade in your Backflip for an Aria?

Question: For those of us that have recently gotten our Backflips (within the 30 day return window if you got it from ATT), anyone considering retunring and getting the Aria?

I'm very happy with the BF, so I'm staying (I like the physical QWERTY).

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Although the aria is a really nice phone, I believe that it's screen is way too small to rely on a virtual keyboard. I'm beyond my thirty days, but I think I would stay with my backflip if I had a choice. That samsung, on the other hand......

I don't think I will, too much hassle. I like the specs of the Aria but I don't like virtual keyboards, but the Backflip's keyboard is kinda lousy... so its a tossup.

If Backflip updates don't come quickly though, I might just give my backflip to a friend and just get the Nexus One or another unlocked super-phone that will be rooted by default.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntuser View Post
    I don't think I will, too much hassle. I like the specs of the Aria but I don't like virtual keyboards, but the Backflip's keyboard is kinda lousy... so its a tossup.

If Backflip updates don't come quickly though, I might just give my backflip to a friend and just get the Nexus One or another unlocked super-phone that will be rooted by default.
    I'm not sure why you think the Backflip keyboard is kinda lousy. I have owned many phones with physical keyboards and the BackFlip keyboard is by far the best. You have to use the flat part of your fingers not the nails.

Unfortunately my wife has had her Backflip for over 30 days. If there were some way I'd deffinitely trade it in for an Aria.
    1: 2.1 out of the box.
    2: Better chance for root as opposed to 0% chance for the BF. (XDA seems to like rooting these HTC devices)
    3: Per HTC... Every one of their phones released in 2010 WILL get Froyo. It'll probably have Froyo before the BF has Eclair.
    4: FAST!!!! Every review has said this little thing flies.

If there was some way for me to finagle a trade with AT&T I'd do it in a sec.
    My wife sees what my Nexus 1 does and she drives me nuts asking when the BF will get rooted or if I think it'll ever get 2.1. So YES for MY sanity and piece of mind YES!!!

I'd maybe consider it if I was still under my 30 days. I dunno. I really like Motoblur (though am hoping it's shortcomings get resolved with the upgrade to 2.1), and I like having a virtual keyboard, though with things like Swiftkeys and Shapewriter/Swype I could make it with just a virtual keyboard.

I am very happy AT&T finally pulled their heads out and are introducing more Androids. I have read about the Aria and it is nice.

I got my phone back in March, so I couldn't return it if I wanted to. To be honest, I wouldn't trade it in for the Aria. The Aria looks great, but the Backflip so damn unique.

I have gotten so used to using the table top mode that I can't imagine getting a different phone. Using the Waze turn by turn navigation software with Backflip in tablet top mode in my car and jeep, it is so convenient.

Plus, I am still not 100% pro touch screen keyboards, still like having a real keyboard. Although, with the Backflip I have gotten more used to using the touch screen keyboard.

And lastly, I have really gotten into the MotoBlur... I use it a lot for Twitter and its widget for news updates.

Probably next phone I get would be another Motorola.

Might not need another phone for awhile if Motorola keeps updating the Backflip. When they get it to Android 2.1, I am hoping they will eventually upgrade it to 2.2 also. I keep reading 2.2 is way faster than any of the other versions of Android.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntuser View Post

thats exactly what i did, now i'm happy with my nexus one!

thedunn805, tell me about the Nexus one? That phone has a 1 ghz CPU right? I bet it is faster.

What version of Android do you have? 2.1?

Well, I just stopped into an AT&T store. I have the say, the aria FLIES! It is so much faster and more responsive than I expected. This gets me wondering...is it superior processor performance, or is it simply the fact that it has 2.1. Idk, but it sure leaves the backflip in the dust in terms of responsiveness and quickness. Now I kinda wish I didn't jump to buy the backflip when it first came out, but its too late to dwell on the past

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links