Backflip vs. Iphone 3g?

This is a discussion on Backflip vs. Iphone 3g? within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Ive owned an iphone 3g for about a year now, loved it at first, but now Im very fed up with it. Ive decided to ...

Thread: Backflip vs. Iphone 3g?

Backflip vs. Iphone 3g?

Ive owned an iphone 3g for about a year now, loved it at first, but now Im very fed up with it. Ive decided to make a switch to the motorola backflip, and Im switching over later this week. But I havent had much experience with the backflip, so Im wondering if anyone with experience with both phones could tell me if this is a good decision? Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I have family that have iphones, both 3 and the 3gs. Thr 3gs was pretty quick, but very lockeddown on what aps could be used. My main concern as to not getting ithing was call / voice quality. Several of my coworkers with ithings constantly drop me, and others. It maybe the area chicago, but I love the backflip! No dropped calls (ithing users that call me still drop me), and the speakerphone works very well for work conversation with groups. Go backflip!

Junior Member Anthony_attdroids's Avatar
    I came from the iPhone 3G and I would get a lot of dropped calls, and I live in an urban area. All in all I like my Backflip way more than the iPhone.

From what I've experienced, the iPhones have a much smoother/faster swipe reponse (which is a big deal for me) compared to the backflip, but at least the backflip can run widgets and a lot of other nifty apps. I also wish that more of the "mainstream" apps that are on the apple store would appear on the android market (I Am T-Pain app, for example).

Hopefully 2.1 will fix the sluggishness in some scenarios, but it's still a very good phone. I wish the Incredible was on AT&T, though.

My wife has an iPhone 3GS that I've played with a lot. I have to say that in its current state (android 1.5), the Backflip is mostly equal to the 3GS, and even exceeds it in some areas. So I imagine that compared to the 3G, it's much better. Once we get 2.1, I think the Backflip will far exceed the 3GS and be at least on par with the iPhone 4.

Compared to other android phones, well... we all know how that goes.

My Iphone gets much better cell reception than the backflip my company decided to give me. I there a way to get better cell reception on the backflip? Most of the time I get zero or one bar on my backflip and three bars on the iphone when holding them side by side. Other than the bad reception problem I like the overall phone performance.

This is an interesting article on the the iPhone's incorrect bar display of signal strength.

Apple `stunned' to find iPhones show too many bars - Yahoo! Finance

If your big on social networking then the Backflips a great choice because of Motoblur. Heck you dont even need to log in to facebook or myspace to send messages because of Motoblur. You can do it right from your contacts list. Im not big on social networking but when i do use it to send a quick message on my phone, this is awesome.

Also, chances are that in most cases, "Theres an app for that" as Apple likes to say, but in this case Im referring to Andorid. A good portion of iPhone apps are ported to Android, and some,if not alot, of the apps you pay for on the iPhone, are free on android. Take Paper Toss the game as an example. Theres a free add supported version with about 3 levels I believe, on the iphone. On Andorid, its add supported, but the great part is you getting the paid version of the game for free.

Another selling point for me was the physical keyboard. I hate using touch screen keyboards. I like to be able to feel the keys under my fingers as I feel it lets me type better.

The screen is a bit smaller, but not a big deal imo.

More OS Updates. Sure you can get iOS4.0 on the 3gs(surprisingly imo) but you dont see apple pushing out major os upgrades very often do you? The backflip isnt worth mentioning here at this point, but it seems like Moto plans to get most of there phones up to 2.1 by the end of the year roughly. That means we backflip users are going to see a jump from Andorid 1.5 to 2.1. Thats about 5 or 6 updates we will be skipped through. When the next gen iphone comes out, suppose it is running iOS5.0, I doubt 3gs users will get the update to 5.0 while we could be seeing more updates to android for the backflip.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links