Spontaneous Reboots

This is a discussion on Spontaneous Reboots within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; I believe this issue was traced to a faulty batch of microSD cards on the moto owners forum. If you have one I would try ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spontaneous Reboots

I believe this issue was traced to a faulty batch of microSD cards on the moto owners forum. If you have one I would try a different chip in there.

Also if you goto the dev forum here you can read about how to manually apply the 13.35 update to the phone. This could maybe fix it also...

Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why will this fix the trouble they are having?
    Sometimes using an app which is poorly designed or designed specifically for another phone in mind, and it uses your wifi connection, it might crash the phone causing a reboot.

I'm not saying keep wifi disabled forever, but turn it off for a day or two and see if the issue subsides. If it still reboots itself, you've at least ruled something out.

It could also be a loose SIM, bad MicroSD card or the battery.

Kamelonious: I switched phones, including battery and I don't have the problem with her old phone and battery.

Moosefist: You could be on to something. I don't believe I switched M-SD cards. I'll investigate both the card and the SIM.

Knigitz: She installed no add-on apps and she doesn't use the wi-fi, it's disabled.

Check to see if the battery fits snug, apparently the battery not fitting perfectly and shifting around is something that pops up now and then.

Battery snugness seems to be fine. Checking a replaced SD card now. If still no good, will reorder a new SIM card.

Yeah I know what you're going through, 3 days ago my phone started doing the same thing, I'm not sure what I did to stop it, I just turned my phone off and took out my battery, sd card, and sim card, that didn't really work so I did a factory reset and that seemed to fix it, but make sure you back up anything you don't want to delete on your sd card, I think I might have overloaded my phone and it couldn't take it, any little bump or nudge would reboot my droid. Hope that helped.

One thing I'm noticing, which may be related to the battery connection being at fault, is that once open (backflipped), the keyboard flexes much more easily and results in reboots if flexed slightly. Doesn't explain why it reboots when closed unless other torsion flexing is at play.

Quote Originally Posted by parisq View Post
    One thing I'm noticing, which may be related to the battery connection being at fault, is that once open (backflipped), the keyboard flexes much more easily and results in reboots if flexed slightly. Doesn't explain why it reboots when closed unless other torsion flexing is at play.
    Exactly what i was referring to in my original post.

It explains why it reboots because when the keyboard bends and you lose battery connection, it reboots, you get pissed off and stop typing and the keyboard ends up flexing back to the right way for the battery to be flush with the connection.

let's put it this way - do you ever get random reboots when the keyboard ISN'T open?
    I never did, so it was easy to limit to this problem...and I fixed with a bit of paper, haven't had the problem since.

I don't really understand why you resist trying this solution as it has worked for many people with (seemingly) the same issue.

I'm not resisting, just cognizant of the fact that random reboots have happened WITHOUT the keyboard open. Even so, closed or open, battery contact can still be an issue and, if it works, is a quick, simple fix. Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links