Spontaneous Reboots

This is a discussion on Spontaneous Reboots within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; This might sound like "Woo Woo", "Twilight Zone" stuff, but please bear with me as this is a real problem. Though I'm no engineer, I'm ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spontaneous Reboots

Spontaneous Reboots

This might sound like "Woo Woo", "Twilight Zone" stuff, but please bear with me as this is a real problem. Though I'm no engineer, I'm also no novice with smart phones or technology in general.

I bought two Backflips in March, one for myself and my wife. My wife's phone almost immediately began spontaneously rebooting multiple times a day whenever she handled it. I've noticed on the Motoblur forum that others have this problem with the camera/video function. My wife would not be using any particular app or function, it would just reboot, most often when just sending or checking a text message, email or simply looking up contacts. My phone, OTOH, is fine. As an experiment, I switched phones with her, factory reseting it and switching sim cards. The problem is still happening with MY phone, now in HER hands.

For what it's worth, my wife operates a recording studio and has been told by engineers not to touch sensitive electronic equipment as her electro-magnetic energy has been proven to cause issues. I never actually bought into that but now I'm not so sure. She previously had cheap non-smartphones which never had issues. Returning the phone is an iffy option (its still under warranty) as I suspect any replacement will have the same effect. Any ideas?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    deleted by author

Good question. She's out of town for the next few days with the phone. When she returns I'll switch SIM cards and see.

deleted by author

It doesn't happen quite so on cue. Sometimes just a few reboots per day with hours between them. But I'll definitely give her my phone for a day.

deleted by author

This sounds like the battery not fitting the slot again to me.

I had this happen awhile ago and you just have to put something in the battery slot in order to make it fit perfectly - you tend to bend the phone a little bit when typing on the keyboard and the battery loses its connections it seems.

Disable Wifi, this should fix the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by knigitz View Post
    Disable Wifi, this should fix the issue.
    Just out of curiosity, why will this fix the trouble they are having?

I've been getting several random reboots as well. Whether the phone is plugged into the PC charging, or not, it will just randomly restart itself once every hour or two.

Don't know if disabling wifi solves this issue, but I would definitely rather not disable wi-fi while using my phone at home, as it is faster than 3G.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links