BackFlip 2.1 Upgrade... Now I am worried

This is a discussion on BackFlip 2.1 Upgrade... Now I am worried within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; I am worried alittle but no too much. The Charm coming out soon is a good sign, that will be running 2.1....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BackFlip 2.1 Upgrade... Now I am worried

I am worried alittle but no too much. The Charm coming out soon is a good sign, that will be running 2.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Danhare4 View Post
    I am worried alittle but no too much. The Charm coming out soon is a good sign, that will be running 2.1.
    That just shows that they don't pay that much attention to their mid-range phones. They just want to get phones out there to compete with HTC. But HTC updates their phones, so Motorola has a ways to go. The Charm most-likely won't see 2.2 this year. If they do, it better not be before we see 2.1. :mad:

I may be overly optimistic, but I'm thinking that the update should be sooner than we think...

The Motorola CHARM said to already contain MOTOBLUR and Android 2.1 and to release this summer...

Motorola CHARM - MOTOBLUR - Android phone - Motorola USA

Now obviously the phone itself is a downgrade from the Backflip, but I think if this phone is expected to be released soon, then our update should only be a matter of time.:blur:

Everybody keeps pointing to the Charm as proof that our 2.1 upgrade is coming soon. I agree that it may be a good sign, but the Flipout has already been shown to be running 2.1 with Motoblur and I believe has already been released (Flipout was released in Latin America).

Really though, to me, the best indicator that our update is near, will be once they upgrade the Cliq since the Cliq and Backflip are so close.

There is a posting (and thread) from hell over on motorola forums about upgrading the backflip (40 pages the last time I looked). The general consensus seems to agree with jmgib. Following the Cliq update will give an idea on when the backflip will see an update.

Personally, I am not that optimistic. Dealing with AT&T is a different kettle of fish. AT&T has cut the price of this phone to $50 and many places on the net are giving it away, it doesn't appear that AT&T is going to be very interested in supporting this phone much longer. This hasn't stopped me from ordering the phone, though. I placed an order for the phone, yesterday. It's an upgrade from a crappy win mobile device I currently use (the device is good, just win mobile is crappy).

I do think that the backflip will eventually, officially, see 2.1. I just don't think it's going to see many official upgrades after that.

Member wikidcerealkilla_attdroids's Avatar
    i believe also the upgrade on the cliq will give us a better time line on the backflip, but really how long is at&t gonna take to add all the bloatapps and limit the phone like it is already. so we still have to wait for them too. and the CHARM?? talking bout how it has it where is it at? look at the link and the pictures its shows 1.5 on the screen. i just hope that we get all the nice features that the rest of the 2.1 users get. animated backgrounds and pinch to zoom. seems like they dont care about this phone enough to make it any better... but thats an assumtion. could make this phone well worth it. needless to say i love my backflip, even as my second android phone. i am very pleased and hope the best

Yeah, I looked at the link. I look at the tech specs and it clearly states that the Charm is running Android 2.1. Also you can look at Motorola Flipout which is also a Motoblur enabled phone running 2.1.

I'm staying by my guesstimation of November.

I found this pie chart this morning... It needs to happen soon... most Android users have 2.1 now.

FROYO Who? Here's A Cool Pie Chart Showing Which Flavor Of Android Most People Are Using

Thanks of the link man, waiting for 2.1 when others are enjoying 2.2 is sad. Still , looking forward to getting it.

In your article was this very interesting link about phones with Android skins(I assume he's talking about things like MotoBlur?)

Why You Should Avoid Phones With Android Skins | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links