BackFlip 2.1 Upgrade... Now I am worried

This is a discussion on BackFlip 2.1 Upgrade... Now I am worried within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Thanks of the link man, waiting for 2.1 when others are enjoying 2.2 is sad. Still , looking forward to getting it. In your article ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BackFlip 2.1 Upgrade... Now I am worried

Thanks of the link man, waiting for 2.1 when others are enjoying 2.2 is sad. Still , looking forward to getting it.

In your article was this very interesting link about phones with Android skins(I assume he's talking about things like MotoBlur?)

Why You Should Avoid Phones With Android Skins | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

I don't believer there are any official releases of Android 2.2 except for the Nexus One (which coincidentally, Google is going to stop selling). There are supposed to be updates coming soon for 2.2, but I don't believe any are out yet (again except for the N1).

Well with At&t losing it's iPhone exclusivity in 2011, I wonder if At&t will try to get the Nexus Two?

*dreams*
    Credit goes to ee0r.com for my avatar.

I don't think there will be a "Nexus Two". It seems that Google has decided their experiment with the Nexus One (where they sell the phones directly themselves) a failure. Remember, they had announced a CDMA version of the Nexus One to work with Verizon's network, yet it was quietly canned and never released. Now it's being reported that they have placed their final order with HTC for the phones and that once they are sold, there will be no additional stock added. We'll see if they partner or allow the carriers or another vendor to continue to sell the phones, but again it seems like they've deemed the effort a failure and are ending it.

The Nexus One, to me, seemed like the phone to get if you were tech savvy and though there is a market for those kinds of people, selling it online only wasn't the best idea. If it was released on all carriers in the U.S. and sold in store and online, I think it would've been a run away success.

But that's just me.

That may be true, but Google wanted to try an experiment. They wanted to "open up" the cellular phone space and take the carriers out of it. Unfortunately that's just not how the market works here in the US. Generally people subsidize their phones from their carriers because they can't or don't want to spend $600 on a cell phone. Personally I would have loved to have gotten an N1, but I couldn't afford an unsubsidized phone (also part of the reason I still have my Backflip and haven't given it up for the Aria or Captivate).

I give them props for taking the chance though.

Most people can't pay $600 all at once for one phone. I guess once Google realized this, they cut it. Well in that case, I guess all there is to wish for is a stock Android phone to come out sometime during or after October in 2011. (The month I can upgrade my phone .)

Honestly, I wouldn't have bought the N1 even if it was subsidized by AT&T because it doesn't have a physical keyboard. I just can't live without that. Thank goodness AT&T's first subsidized Android phone had one.

On topic: I also saw that pie chart today and my envy is stronger than ever. Pretty soon the 1.5 slice is going to be tiny, and we (Backflip owners) will be the majority of that slice. Come on Motorola!

were allready most of it now that the cliq owners can have a semi official fully functioning rom if they are rooted and judging by the motorola support forums that will be pretty mutch all cliq owners shortly so that leaves us the i1 the xt and the dext guys on 1.5 and thats bout it cept for a couple of korean handsets that are stuck on 1.5.

guys this is simple, as soon as the charm will be out with 2.1, it will be a matter of 2 to 3 weeks before our updates comes in giving the fact its going to have all the necessary plugins for out phone (ehemm backtrack). its all pretty clear.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links