More Backflip ?s

This is a discussion on More Backflip ?s within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Is it safe to install: ES File Explorer 1.4.6.apk, market 1.713.apk, momentflash 2.0.1.apk, or power manager 1.6.3.apk coming from asprint moment on 2.1 to my ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: More Backflip ?s

Is it safe to install: ES File Explorer 1.4.6.apk, market 1.713.apk, momentflash 2.0.1.apk, or power manager 1.6.3.apk coming from asprint moment on 2.1 to my 1.5 BF?

I wouldn't. Why would you want to? The file explorer I am not sure about, but the others I'm pretty sure are 2.1 specific apps which will break things on the Backflip running 1.5.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Haha. Same question from above seeing how we have 2.1 now.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    The only thing that would actually work right is the file explorer. The Market APK will work, but it'll still carry the same restrictions as the one already on 2.1 on the BF. ATT restricting side loading of apps goes deeper than just the market app. The momentflash, and the powermanager _might_ work but they won't give you any extended functionality or will mostly force close all the time. If you're looking for a flash light app for the flash... try BackFlip Light from Motorola. It's free on the market.

ES File Explorer already in Market, just install it from there.
    Backflip Light use instead of MomentFlash. Flash apps are specific to the phones.
    Power Manager Full and Power Manager (Trial) also in the Market (if this is what you are referring to).

As mentioned above the Market app you can install and it may work, or it may force close on you. Regardless, you'll probably run into issues. I would just stick with the Market app that is already installed.

Droid Light will work on the Backflip, but the only problem is the light shuts off if the phone screen goes in to stand by mode. Which is actually a good thing and bad imo. Good as you can set the phone down with the LED staying on 24/7 but bad if you need it for extended period of time.
    Motus MB300(Backflip)_2.1 Preclair Beta1 by j_r0dd

After much time and effort, I am now rooted. Also on 2.1(moto). At this point I only want to be able to install non market apps and maybe delete some crapware. Is it possible to do any of this thru connectbot? Any other methods or help will be appreciated. Without the use of a custom ROM preferred.

To remove the ATT preinstalled apps, I would recommend to use Titanium Backup. I would suggest to make a backup of all user+system apps. Then you can use it to remove the preinstalled apps you want to remove. Search this board for a list of apps which can safely be removed.

As for installing non-market apps, it is possible to do without installing a custom ROM, but it's a bit wordy. Take a look at ModMyMobile]Android, Blackberry, Motorola, and Palm Forums for the steps to enable non-market apps.

...I can't believe I did this. My phone is on a black screen after the initial moto logo pops up and won't do anything else. What resulted in this: i attemtped to flash j rodd(?) boot.img for the non market part and also did a recovery reboot in the connectbot. Black screen, so I am bricked right? and was told to remove the recovery from the system on the phone.

Lucky me, i'm back in action. I guess I kinda jumped the gun when all I had to do was be patient. Anyways, i wanted to install non market apps and have the setting stick on the phone. NOW, it doesn't matter to me because I sideloaded Adobe flash 10.1(whatever the newest one is) and it showed up in the manage apps list but not in the apps list from the home key. I'm going to re-root my phone and try to unistall some bloatware. Have the list of removeable apps been upgraded since 2.1? and how exactly do you perform a nandroid backup or will titanium be enough to cover that?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links