More Backflip ?s

This is a discussion on More Backflip ?s within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Flash 10.1 does not work on the Backflip. It requires a different CPU than what the Backflip uses and is also an Android 2.2 app....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: More Backflip ?s

Flash 10.1 does not work on the Backflip. It requires a different CPU than what the Backflip uses and is also an Android 2.2 app.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

@GReal501

To perform a nandroid backup you have to have a custom recovery installed, like j_rodd's. Even if you're rooted with stock Moto 2.1 you might not have the custom recovery. If you do, then reboot into recovery and the option will be there.

Titanium backup will not back up your whole phone like the nandroid; it only backs up apps. A nandroid is recommended if you're going to remove pre-installed apps and such in case you remove something you shouldn't have; you can then restore to your last backup.

Quote Originally Posted by GReal501 View Post
    After much time and effort, I am now rooted. Also on 2.1(moto). At this point I only want to be able to install non market apps and maybe delete some crapware. Is it possible to do any of this thru connectbot? Any other methods or help will be appreciated. Without the use of a custom ROM preferred.
    To install non market apps, the easiest way would be to install Astro File manager from the market. Free version will do. Then put the apk in a folder on the sd card, or the root of the sd card. Open Astro and browse to the apk. Click it, and you will be given the option to install it.
    Motus MB300(Backflip)_2.1 Preclair Beta1 by j_r0dd

You would still need to enable non-market apps, unless you are installing a custom ROM.

True I forgot to mention that part, but this seems like the easiest method none the less.
    Motus MB300(Backflip)_2.1 Preclair Beta1 by j_r0dd

I have a question I toke my memory cad out without turning my phone off and now my music and pictures are gone is there any way I get them back?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by kerria_jordan View Post
    I have a question I toke my memory cad out without turning my phone off and now my music and pictures are gone is there any way I get them back?
    Put the memory card back in and go to Settings-->SD Card and Phone Storage--> Now does it see your SD card there? If not try to tap the "Mount SD Card" and see if it will forcefully mount it. If it doesn't see it or recognize that it's there, you may have to put it in an adapter, plug it into your computer and re-format or re-initialize the SD card.

When memory isn't un-mounted or "ejected" before removal, it can cause the card to become corrupt and that necessitates a re-format or re-initialization to be able to use it at all.

@kerria_jordan I've experienced that problem too many times. If when u checked ur sd card and the amount of space u have is the same(or close) to what it was before the files went missing then they were relocated to the lost.dir. ok my questions. I have installed SETCPU, wat is a safe level to run the system but at max capabilities? Also is it possible to remove the browser, and or HOME in place of dolphin browser and launcher pro?

Im nt messing wit home Hunt, I get a response but deleted stock browser and set dolphin as the default. Everything been working fine. I used a zip to allow the installation of unknown sources and it works but the menu for settings look how it did before the upgrade. Is it possible to fix this and keep the non market checkbox checked?

No, for some reason modifying the official ROM to allow non-market apps the check box does not remain checked. Just accept that it works and don't worry about the check box. Since it is just a cosmetic glitch, I don't believe there is much effort put into fixing it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links