More Backflip ?s

This is a discussion on More Backflip ?s within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Well I've been having my backflip for almost two months now and I love it BUT I do have a few questions/concerns about it. One ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More Backflip ?s

More Backflip ?s

Well I've been having my backflip for almost two months now and I love it BUT I do have a few questions/concerns about it. One for instance, is it possible(or just my phone) to keep the phone's screen on during calls because mine flashes on and off during them. Second, I have downloaded a because mine flashes on and off during them. Second, I have downloaded a few apps and read forums bt what apps should u download to replace the preloaded ones and do they actually replace them or leave u with two tx messagers or batteries for instance? Thx in advance..

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by GReal501 View Post
    Well I've been having my backflip for almost two months now and I love it BUT I do have a few questions/concerns about it. One for instance, is it possible(or just my phone) to keep the phone's screen on during calls because mine flashes on and off during them. Second, I have downloaded a because mine flashes on and off during them. Second, I have downloaded a few apps and read forums bt what apps should u download to replace the preloaded ones and do they actually replace them or leave u with two tx messagers or batteries for instance? Thx in advance..
    You can't replace the stock apps, but you can make the new ones the "default" choices.

The screen turns off when the sensor senses the phone us against your face, so when you pull it away you probably just see it turning back on.

So in the manage apps under settings you can't delete the stocks?

So in the manage apps under settings you can't delete the stocks?
    For the most part, yes. You cannot delete many of the 'stocks'.

Many of the apps that come in the app tray are there to stay. They are often referred to as 'bloatware' or just plain 'crapware'. On various occasions you'll hear them blamed on either AT&T or Motorola or both. The good news, however, is that although they are in your app tray to stay, they aren't actually running. They are just sitting there quietly not utilizing any system resources except the amount of RAM required by the size of the programs, which as a practical matter doesn't seem to really make much difference.

They are in the phone to stay at least until the backflip is 'rooted'. Then once that happens we'll begin to see some custom mods to the phone's operating system that no doubt will not include the bloatware.

These custom mods will be wonderful things! You'll be able to download them and, carefully following a detailed and fussy set of instructions, you'll be able to apply them to your own phone. Which will lead to one of two things.

Either your phone will then be running a fancy new leaner, meaner operating system that makes it much faster and generally 'better', or you'll end up 'bricking' your phone which will render it totally lifeless and dead for all intents and purposes. Which of those two things happens will depend on the talents of the custom mod's author and your own ability to follow instructions well.

So, you have all that to look forward to while for the time being you need to just step deftly around and avoid all the current bloatware apps in your app tray. There is, for me at least, a lot of consolation in knowing that as you do so, you don't run much risk of bricking your phone any time soon.

Do the amount of space on ur sd card affect the performance of the phone. Lower meaning slower?

Do the amount of space on ur sd card affect the performance of the phone. Lower meaning slower?
    No, the amount of space on your SD card doesn't generally affect the performance of the phone.

For certain operations, the speed of data transfer to and from the SD card may affect the performance of the phone occasionally but the size of the card does not.

The size of the card will, of course affect how much music, photos and data you can store on the phone.

I might nt b the brightest person, but going by todays date are we not headin towards the mid of Q4? I guess I'm askin if I should wait on the update or just root my phone now

Actually, we're nearing the end of Q3. The start of Q4 is October.

Go ahead and root your phone. When the update comes, hopefully, we'll still be able to root it with the current method...

I might nt b the brightest person, but going by todays date are we not headin towards the mid of Q4? I guess I'm askin if I should wait on the update or just root my phone now

I'm sorry if post is in the wrong location but I could use the help. During the rootin process to be specific, the cmd. If there is a $ sign instead of #, does it mean my phone cannot be rooted?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    I'm sorry if post is in the wrong location but I could use the help. During the rootin process to be specific, the cmd. If there is a $ sign instead of #, does it mean my phone cannot be rooted?
    If you're in ADB shell, enter "su" and if you have successfully rooted your phone you'll see the $ change to #.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links