Regret getting Backflip (rambling)

This is a discussion on Regret getting Backflip (rambling) within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Originally Posted by acmasters Have you done the 13.37 update yet? There is a two part update available if you go to settings->about phone->system update. ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Regret getting Backflip (rambling)

Quote Originally Posted by acmasters View Post
    Have you done the 13.37 update yet? There is a two part update available if you go to settings->about phone->system update. I saw a noticeable increase in responsiveness with this update. I have to say though that I don't recall my phone ever being as slow as you describe, there could be a problem with your unit...
    Yes, I am on 13.37. I will say that I noticed a very slight speed increase after upgrading to that, but still not enough to leave me satisfied with the phone. I'll probably end up re-flashing my phone again and seeing if it fixes anything. If not, maybe I'll take it to an AT&T store and see what they say.

You never know. Some of the people there are nice and might give you another phone.

Others might just say nothing is wrong. I'm just glad I haven't heard of one of them saying something cruel like, too bad. Deal with the problem.
    Credit goes to ee0r.com for my avatar.

Has anyone just plain listed all the gripes about this phone?

Underpowered, restricted to the market, older android version, lack of accessories, bloatware galore, crappy resale value, hard to root

I was so excited to have a powerful alternative OS to the iphone, which I never got because it was so restriced. Irony?
    I wish I'd held an android phone before this one, I would've known what to compare it to when I tried it in the store. I would've probably gone over to verizon if that had been the case.

I do love the form factor though.

I don't really think the phone is underpowered. It was intended to be a mid-range smartphone. The same thing happens in the PC world. Not every computer is a $4000 high end gaming rig. I mean, people don't look at netbooks and go, oh, this is horrible, it's underpowered. No, most people understand the niche that netbooks are intended to fill, and if they need something more powerful, they just move on and get a more powerful machine.

Now, I do understand that the Backflip was also ATT's first Android phone so at the time it was released there wasn't really another option, but ATT had said there were several other phones coming in the first half of the year (they ALMOST got 3 out, to include the Backflip), so patience would have been key.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Now, I do understand that the Backflip was also ATT's first Android phone so at the time it was released there wasn't really another option, but ATT had said there were several other phones coming in the first half of the year (they ALMOST got 3 out, to include the Backflip), so patience would have been key.
    That sums me up tight there. Patience is not one of my virtues when it comes to my gadgets. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    I don't really think the phone is underpowered. It was intended to be a mid-range smartphone. The same thing happens in the PC world. Not every computer is a $4000 high end gaming rig. I mean, people don't look at netbooks and go, oh, this is horrible, it's underpowered. No, most people understand the niche that netbooks are intended to fill, and if they need something more powerful, they just move on and get a more powerful machine.

If only the salesperson mentioned that AT&T would be coming out with more android devices very soon at the time he was selling me my Backflip, I would have most likely waited. I can be patient about things like that... especially for quality devices.

Oh well.

When I bought mine I kinda knew it wouldn't be really powerful, but I also felt if the device completely failed then that would be AT&T's excuse to ignore Android from there on.....or until iPhone exclusivity was lost so I bought it in hopes it would show them that they have a market for a good phone other than iPhone. Coming from an iPhone to backflip was easy as the backflip was easily as good, and I felt it was better, but with these new devices....that's where the problems come. I was told 2.1 "in a month or so" when I got my phone and that was in April. I also didn't know of any other phone except the Dell that was supposed to also be running 1.5. At any rate, it served it's purpose of introducing me to Android and making me a huge fan of the OS, regardless of what AT&T threw in the way.

i do say the backflip was one of the best phones i ever had i loved everything about it but when i played with these other android phones like the Evo and captivate i just couldent turn away im waiting for my captivate to come in the mail on monday the main thing i liked about my backflip was the Keyboard it was the best one i felt i did feel kinda ripped i payed almost 300$ for this phone when it first came out and now its like 99$ i could of waited and got something else but the other phone i was looking at was a HTC tilt 2 and iphone 3gs (had a iphone 3g before)

Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    Hehe. My last phone was a Samsung A737 so yeah, this is the holy grail of phones compared to that.

lol, i'm going to be ordering one since i can get it for free now, and i'm upgradeing from the 737 also. which has recently taken a total dump on me and the battery feels like a fireball after 15 minute talks.

i upgraded from a Samsung Jack

so i definitely don't regret getting my backkflip. biggest issues are the fact it's not rooted and it's still on 1.5 i know the hardware isn't top spec, but it's not rock bottom either. it hasn't hit the dark ages yet as far as hardware is concerned.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links