New phone...

This is a discussion on New phone... within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; I just got news that I am up for an "early upgrade", I want to get a new phone. A big problem is that Idk ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New phone...

New phone...

I just got news that I am up for an "early upgrade", I want to get a new phone. A big problem is that Idk what phone to go to. Anybody want to throw some advice out there??

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Danhare4 View Post
    I just got news that I am up for an "early upgrade", I want to get a new phone. A big problem is that Idk what phone to go to. Anybody want to throw some advice out there??
    Probably should go for the Captivate. It's the best bang for the buck.

Now, whats the deal with their "early upgrade" program? How's that work?

Its an upgrade without waiting the 18 months or whatever it is. I have never spent 18 months with a phone. They charge you "less than the full price, but more than the contract price." They always told me in the store that I'd wind up paying $75 extra on top of the contract price.

dandroid
    I'd definitely give the Captivate a good luck. What are you looking for in a phone? Size? Speed? Camera?

Mainly speed, the Backflip is soooooo slow.

Well, if speed is what you want, then get the Captivate.
    Credit goes to ee0r.com for my avatar.

It's really hard to find anything bad about the Captivate.

There are only two things I can think of to even mention, although they aren't really 'bad' things.

First, the Captivate is not cheap. It's a high end phone and performs like one and has all the slick features of one. So, if you want cheap, that would be a problem.

Second, the screen is AMOLED technology not the usual TTF LCD. AMOLED screens are not a bad thing. Just different. It is stunning inside in average light conditions and it uses a little less battery than LCD, although the colors can get a bit too rich for some people's tastes. And outside in direct sunlight it tends to grey out somewhat. Moving it into a shadow fixes that so it's not a big deal.

The Captivate has some really incredible benchmark scores. If you're into that, you can search around to see how well it does compared to other phones. You'll be impressed.

How's the GUI?? That's all that worries me.

Quote Originally Posted by Danhare4 View Post
    How's the GUI?? That's all that worries me.
    Generally, people seem to like it pretty well.

There's some folks out there raving about how great it is. And there's the usual whiners complaining about this or that, although there seems to be a lot more folks liking it than disliking it.

Just got the word from a sales person that it would cost me $274.99!!!! I THINK I WILL BE MAKING A PURCHASE!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links