So...I called motorola. xD

This is a discussion on So...I called motorola. xD within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; BUT, if motorola is upset that ATT nerfed their backflip, they could hand out the root info since it's legal now (or let it "leak") ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So...I called motorola. xD

BUT, if motorola is upset that ATT nerfed their backflip, they could hand out the root info since it's legal now (or let it "leak") just to get back at att

one can hope

I doubt it. Once people found out that it could be rooted, it would mean more sales for at&t

Sent from my MB300 using Tapatalk

I think its deeper than that. If that was the case then it would have already been leaked. Its more legal than what everyone is thinking. Moto has contracts with ATT and can be sued big time for something like that. Pretty much once they signed the phone to ATT, they have to go through them anytime they decide to do anything for the phone.

Though being with at&t probably doesn't help, I personally don't think motorola as a company is interested in releasing root either. If they were they could have "accidentally" left a writable .conf read by a process that ran as root (or something not as obvious). Or released a guide to dive into their bootloader (which I'm guessing is not used exclusively on at&t).
    Heck they could have just given us the long awaited/promised-by-them-and-at&t upgrade to 2.1, which is still in development limbo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links