So...I called motorola. xD

This is a discussion on So...I called motorola. xD within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; And I straight-up asked them if they would give me root for my backflip, and they told me to call back. xD I talked to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So...I called motorola. xD

So...I called motorola. xD

And I straight-up asked them if they would give me root for my backflip, and they told me to call back. xD I talked to a ATT rep last night and she was helpful, but wasn't successful in giving me root or helping me delete the bloatware on my phone. But neither rep was alarmed by the question, so it makes me wonder, could I gain root from the manufacturer?

EDIT- And by the looks of things, I was on the right track
    http://pocketnow.com/thought/efuse-d...al-kill-switch
    "The chip in question is called "eFuse". Just like its name implies, this chip acts as a sort of "electronic fuse" and "trips" when it determines the bootloader has been changed (or "tampered with"). The only way to "reset" the fuse that we know of is via tools that are only available through Motorola."

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Will you call them back?
    You could definitely get root from a manufacturer, the problem is most likely they won't give it to you. In fact I don't think a regular CS rep would have the tools/knowledge to do it even if they wanted to (correct me if I'm wrong).
    This is not to say I wouldn't call them, if they had international toll-free :D
    As for the e-fuse, that isn't a problem as far as getting root is concerned; loading custom ROMs, on the other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by amingv View Post
    Will you call them back?
    As for the e-fuse, that isn't a problem as far as getting root is concerned; loading custom ROMs, on the other hand...
    The e-fuse is part of the problem. From the sounds of it, this fuse is the reason the backflip hasnt been rooted yet. Even a rooted device will have an altered boot code because you are loading altered boot code I would imagine. I am not familar with programing in regards to linux and and rooting but have many years of experience programing in php and c++ along with other far easier languages.

Quote Originally Posted by TechN9ne1730 View Post
    The e-fuse is part of the problem. From the sounds of it, this fuse is the reason the backflip hasnt been rooted yet. Even a rooted device will have an altered boot code because you are loading altered boot code I would imagine. I am not familar with programing in regards to linux and and rooting but have many years of experience programing in php and c++ along with other far easier languages.
    I'm not sure if the efuse thing is the problem or not, I hear there's a lot of skepticism about it. I'm sure someone will come out with a exploit for root.

I do not believe that efuse is an issue on the Backflip. I don't even think that the phone has the efuse or if it does, that it is enabled in this way.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    I do not believe that efuse is an issue on the Backflip. I don't even think that the phone has the efuse or if it does, that it is enabled in this way.
    I also think this is correct. The Backflip doesn't appear to use efuse at all.

The Droid X does though and that's lead to all sorts of rumors to the effect that, if you try and root it, you'll cause it to automatically brick itself. Something that Motorola has later denied.

Anyway, it's got nothing to do with the Backflip.

Quote Originally Posted by TechN9ne1730 View Post
    I can see how an e-fuse might thwart efforts to boot from a rooted rom (what would be attempted in the backflip if the community had production keys), but that's about it. Most other rooting procedures are more an issue of permissions (and how to obtain them), etc. and don't have much to do with boot code.

like others have stated, i dont think the backflip uses an efuse chip.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

I think we should all start calling and emailing Motorola with requests of root, until they get fed up with people begging for root and give us it.

EDIT: http://motorola-global-portal.custhe...t/chat_launch/

NEWEDIT: The people they hire for online support are complete morons. I spent 10 minutes explaining what root was, and another 5 telling her the advantages of root.
    And all she ever says is it's not possible. This may be the last time i ever buy Motorola.

I highly doubt a carrier or manufacturer will just hand out root for a phone. That would defeat the whole purpose of locking it down, not to mention they would be giving away so many phones due to people bricking a device if not done correctly. I just don't see this happing IMO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links