backflip/apndroid.....help with settings, etc...

This is a discussion on backflip/apndroid.....help with settings, etc... within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; this has probably been asked a million times, and searched around, but figured i'd post neways since i am still having a problem. just got ...

Thread: backflip/apndroid.....help with settings, etc...

backflip/apndroid.....help with settings, etc...

this has probably been asked a million times, and searched around, but figured i'd post neways since i am still having a problem.

just got a backflip and do not want to use the at&t data at all.

the only reason i need the att for data is mms and sms. i'll use the built in wifi for everything else..

i downloaded the APNDROID program installed it and have the current settings:

-----------------
    3g/edge/gprs (status light is grayed out)

MMS (checked)
    Notifications (checked)
    Diable all APNs (unchecked).
    -----------------

i can't get MMS to work on the phone.

am i missing something here ? i can send and recv text messages, but it's the data that is giving me problems...

thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

If im not mistaken inorder to recieve and send MMS you have to have the data feature turned on and installing a third party application that disables Data will not allow you to use MMS. I could be wrong but I think that is how it works. SMS can be sent with no data plan but MMS uses data.

The MMS checkbox is supposed to allow you to still receive MMS messagse with the data turned off. I'm not sure the method they use to accomplish this or how well it works. I'm guessing this is one of those "experimental" settings which may or may not work reliably. You can also try using Quick Settings which I believe has a similar option. YMMV.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    The MMS checkbox is supposed to allow you to still receive MMS messagse with the data turned off. I'm not sure the method they use to accomplish this or how well it works. I'm guessing this is one of those "experimental" settings which may or may not work reliably. You can also try using Quick Settings which I believe has a similar option. YMMV.
    that's what i thought with the MMS check option. but no go. i guess it's ok. i have it turned off right now and texting still works fine.

for me to flip a switch to get a mms, i guess it's not that bad..

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links