What makes me mad...

This is a discussion on What makes me mad... within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; people keep talking about how terrible the :backfliplay:backflip is. it's not a terrible phone. the specs are pretty good. i've never had it lag or ...

Thread: What makes me mad...

Angry What makes me mad...

people keep talking about how terrible the :backfliplay:backflip is. it's not a terrible phone. the specs are pretty good. i've never had it lag or crash on me. the people who do obviously don't know how to use a task manager or keep their phone in good health. once the 2.1 update comes out, this will be a high end phone. most people say they're scared the update won't come out, but if you look at the update schedule, it has changed a lot but what hasn't changed is that the backflip is scheduled for a Q3 update. we just have to be patient.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I knew what I was getting my self into

I did my homework at the time and I wanted to stay away from the I phone. So I'm happy with my backflip and 2.1 will come, so ill wait for it and same here I had no problems with it and it does everything I needed to do.

Frankly my wife and I love our Backflips. My wife says it's the most awesome electronic thingy I've ever bought her.

i love the backflip as well. ive never really messed around with an iphone before, and im sure its a great phone as well. but i am not good at typing on a touch screen, and that is why i got the backflip(because of the actual keyboard that flips out). ive used t-mobile sidekicks since 2005, so having a physical keyboard is very important to me. i actually like the keyboard on the sidekick better, but this keyboard is not bad. all in all, id rate this phone a 8.

The Backflip is great phone. I also have not had any issue with the phone. Sure I would like to see it rooted. But that does not change the fact that the Backflip is a great phone.

i dont understand this whole "root" thing. can someone briefly explain what rooting the backflip would do?

The backflip is a good phone. I have actually own one myself. I wouldn't go as far as ever calling it a "high end" phone. I also have a samsung moment and my new HTC Evo and after getting my Evo and the 2.1 update on my moment i rarely use my backflip (even though its for work) anymore. It just doesn't hold up to the performance of my other two phones in my opinion

Personally I'm pretty happy with my backflip. There's no denying 2.x would be nice, not to mention root and more support from the community but otherwise it's the best phone I've owned so far. I also love the keyboard that "flips back" and I love watching my friend trying to slide it out for ten solid seconds until he figures out (again and again) that it doesn't slide.

Quote Originally Posted by g00dl4wrd View Post
    i dont understand this whole "root" thing. can someone briefly explain what rooting the backflip would do?
    "root" is the generic name for the superuser (think windows administrator account, but with much more power) on unix-like operating systems (such as android). As such a user with "root privileges" has the ability to access and modify pretty much every aspect of the system and perform some advanced tasks. Getting root would also be the first step in doing things such as creating/loading custom ROMs, updating our systems without having to wait for Motorola, deleting the at&t bloatware, installing a full-blown Linux operating system... the limit is only your imagination and your knowledge, really. Probably not every user needs root, but if you're a power user/developer it's really a nice thing to have.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links