I think i might have found how to remove the att bloatware

This is a discussion on I think i might have found how to remove the att bloatware within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; this morning i decided to use my file manager app (ver. 2.0.0) and as i was searching around to find if maybe i could find ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think i might have found how to remove the att bloatware

I think i might have found how to remove the att bloatware

this morning i decided to use my file manager app (ver. 2.0.0) and as i was searching around to find if maybe i could find some thing neat i stumbled on this.

here's the address:
    /system/app

in it i found the following files that i find intresting:
    allsportgps_att__enzo_full_EN_3-0-49.apk (size 637.87K)

when i clicked on it it started the allsport app.
    Could this be the app data maybe we can manually delete this file unless its a shortcut or somthing (i know i don't want to try it cause i use my phone)

if someone could try this out and tell me if it works id be very happy

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

It wouldn't work, unfortunately. The "write" bit which is needed to delete these files is not enabled for "other" users.
    You'd need to be root to delete them .

Agreed already tried. Access denied. Files are read only do no editing allowed. Maybe we should hit up the root or die forum and see if we can get them to work on it sering as every android phone available has root already.

Sent from my MB300 using Tapatalk

hmm i have read before i came to this forum about this guy who works with at&t he posted that it is possible to get very close to root and that it will require a linux machine to view the source as he read the source he found that there was no root in the kernel and no way to allow a root password to be written (or added to the source) nor was it possible to create a root (yet) but he says he was working on building his own version of the source or something he posted how to do it but left out details about the kernal and what not so he wont loose his job. he says he will post a part two soon... i havent seen anything since i could share the link if you like

Quote Originally Posted by geekman View Post
    [snip] ...i could share the link if you like
    Please do . I'd like to see what it is about, or what he plans to do to overcome the bootloader and load this...
    As for root, it is definitely there. Just looks like at&t/moto killed every conventional way of privilege escalation after init 1. I even came up with a theory root is disabled kind of "a la Ubuntu" so that even if we planted su with the right permissions it wouldn't run because there's no password. (Pure speculation on my part, though, don't know if su works this way in android.)

Oh, that one...
    Unfortunately there have been no updates and no method for the whole of the community to get root. It's not even clear if he's still interested in working on a public root.

People are still kinda skeptical about that. If you look close at the pictures there is nothing to show the phone was rooted, just that it was booted into recovery mode.

Yeah once he started talking about it I knew it was that one. I don't see that one happening.

Tae_254 why do you have to bash on other web sites. The backflip was rooted surprisingly by the people that visit myjanky.com. how do I know? Ummm I own it. If you were to delve deeper into my site instead of the infamous Got root post described above you would have found the information for Root but nobody reads anymore they just glance at pics like you did and make an assumption based on that. come on people nothing is for free. Why dont the community come together instead of leaching off others hard work. Moto did not want anyone to have root and the folks over at Cskills were kind enough to look into the ideas that were floating around about some of motos unrooted handsets. I really cant believe how many cry babies there are because they dont get the download/point/click action instead of reading and learning what it is all about. At least over at m3 our social disobedience does not dissolve into becoming haters of others. Yall sound like a bunch of old women over here. Good bye Attdroids you suck.... oh and I took down all links for ATT droids on myjanky. My 60,000 readers do not need to come this way...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads