Backflip official upgrade to 2.1 being tested

This is a discussion on Backflip official upgrade to 2.1 being tested within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; I don't have the link to the post in front of me, but I believe Mark has said that we may or may not get ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Backflip official upgrade to 2.1 being tested

I don't have the link to the post in front of me, but I believe Mark has said that we may or may not get everything in that video when we get upgraded to 2.1. Hopefully it'll be similar and at least close to that.

There's also another statement from Mark that he isn't the only one testing it and it looks like they may have some sort of actual beta testing going on.

@sirlinux

The upgrade does exist and consumers just like you have been testing it with us. No conspiracy exists.
    Source
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    deleted by author

Wow... hey! We, then, can't be that far off from getting an update. I'm sure once it passes the "business partner" testing phase (would that be AT&T they are speaking of?), we would get it in no time!

Thanks for that post, marvin.

Wish we knew how long each testing phase would take assuming everything is in order. Also concerned, if at&t is one of the business partners, things could get delayed. Our phone isn't exactly their top priority. I wanna know how the first thousand for beta testing are chosen.

Sent from my MB300 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by iTylerA View Post
    Wish we knew how long each testing phase would take assuming everything is in order. Also concerned, if at&t is one of the business partners, things could get delayed. Our phone isn't exactly their top priority. I wanna know how the first thousand for beta testing are chosen.

Sent from my MB300 using Tapatalk
    For the past updates, it's simply been first come, first served. They release the update and the first 1000 to get it, get in.

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    deleted by author

I do not doubt Mark (and some other people, even) might be testing a 2.1 beta. I just can't wrap my head around why he'd decide to open that can of worms if he wasn't really allowed to say anything (or even show a few teaser pics), and if Motorola wasn't going to say anything either. After all he of all people as their official forum manager (admin?) should know people would get all passionate and quickly form a network of rumor.
    Their forums seem to be divided into those who don't believe him/believe in a conspiracy theory, those who couldn't care less, and those who are now hoping for something he has no real control over...
    ...or maybe he just wanted to give us a little bit of hope and, somewhat officially, say it was still being worked on. The road to hell is paved with good intentions, after all.

In any case I think there's way too much drama over this issue (my post included), I certainly can't see how taking any sort of stance on the issue would bring about the upgrade any sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by amingv View Post
    I do not doubt Mark (and some other people, even) might be testing a 2.1 beta. I just can't wrap my head around why he'd decide to open that can of worms if he wasn't really allowed to say anything (or even show a few teaser pics), and if Motorola wasn't going to say anything either. After all he of all people as their official forum manager (admin?) should know people would get all passionate and quickly form a network of rumor.
    Their forums seem to be divided into those who don't believe him/believe in a conspiracy theory, those who couldn't care less, and those who are now hoping for something he has no real control over...
    ...or maybe he just wanted to give us a little bit of hope and, somewhat officially, say it was still being worked on. The road to hell is paved with good intentions, after all.

In any case I think there's way too much drama over this issue (my post included), I certainly can't see how taking any sort of stance on the issue would bring about the upgrade any sooner.
    I'd say that you're right in that he wanted to provide some hope. There are more and more people that keep popping up spouting off about how Motorola has abandoned the phone, ATT has abandoned the phone, we're never going to get an upgrade to 2.1, etc. I think he just wanted to let people know that it is indeed being worked on and tested.

Hopefully if they are starting to talk about it, it also means that the release (or at least a broader, "beta test") may not be too far off. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by amingv View Post
    I do not doubt Mark (and some other people, even) might be testing a 2.1 beta. I just can't wrap my head around why he'd decide to open that can of worms if he wasn't really allowed to say anything (or even show a few teaser pics), and if Motorola wasn't going to say anything either.
    Well no one said he was under an NDA or anything.. The previous two updates we got Mark also let us know they were being tested and when they were going to roll out for beta testing by us.. Motorola themselves never said anything official until they sent out the emails telling you when the beta downloads would be available.
    I think Mark is the only actual Moto employee moderating that particular forum so makes sense why we've only heard from him. The rest of the employees testing probably dont care to visit the forums or post, theyre at work doing other things while Mark is an actual forum mod, he has to be there hehe..

There's just no way to compare the release of 13.37 to the release of 2.1.
    Anyway, I didn't mean to imply Mark was the "bad guy"; quite on the contrary. If he can't release any more info that's perfectly fine as there's no point compromising his job over this. I just guess it says a lot about Motorola that he's the only source of any "official" information so far about what is most likely the most anticipated/important Backflip update ever. Most of his follow-up posts on the pertinent threads seem to putting out the flames of some of their forum members who don't believe him/moto.
    I guess what I'm trying to say is that this is not the way most of us (I?) expected to receive the good news. I think Mark realizes this...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links