Backflip official upgrade to 2.1 being tested

This is a discussion on Backflip official upgrade to 2.1 being tested within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Agreed, good intentions, Unpredictable results. But salute to hi for the effort. Hope and Hype aside, my biggest question is why isn't the update list ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Backflip official upgrade to 2.1 being tested

Agreed, good intentions, Unpredictable results. But salute to hi for the effort. Hope and Hype aside, my biggest question is why isn't the update list being updated. if we're no longer in planning and now in testing, why isn't that being reflected, somewhere where it can be seen. It would cut aa lot of the conspiracy/negative responses.

CLIQ, CLIQ XT and Backflip customers:

The quality of experience for consumers is a top priority in providing upgrades to our current product portfolio. In working through Android 2.1 upgrades for CLIQ™, CLIQ XT™, and Backflip™, certain hardware configurations have been limiting upgrade capabilities. We are currently integrating and testing HW drivers essential for OpenGL functionality for these upgrades. We believe OpenGL, the industry's most widely used, supported and best documented 2D/3D graphics API, is an integral part of our customer experience and we're taking the time to ensure this experience is optimized on these products. Testing continues and we anticipate providing the upgrade on each of these devices in the late Q3/early Q4 timeframe.

Mark
    Support Forums Manager
    https://supportforums.motorola.com/m.../218419#218419

Nice. Glad to see we're getting some kind of explanation for the delays. Looks like it's going to be at least late September though before we see anything.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

I can live with that. At least the existence of our phone has been acknowledged and we have a general timeframe.

Sent from my MB300 using Tapatalk

So basically, they're blaming the 2.1 delay on OpenGL? Seems like a cop-out to me. OpenGL can easily run on this hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    OpenGL can easily run on this hardware.
    Running easily and providing a "safe" experience for Nube users are different beasts..

Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    Nice. Glad to see we're getting some kind of explanation for the delays. Looks like it's going to be at least late September though before we see anything.

I could be happy with that.

Let's hope everything stays on schedule

Sent from my MB300 using Tapatalk

I also don't buy that OpenGL has been holding the update for all this time. Components with "good support and documentation" which are also "widely used in the industry" are not implemented from zero on new devices. I want to be more inclined to believe OpenGL is just their last roadblock and that they just experienced some other "issues" earlier, yeah?
    Meh, hardly makes a difference. If they just stick to this "new timeline" for real I promise not to give it any more thought

Timeline....i think there are some changes in here, certainly looks different

https://supportforums.motorola.com/c...ftwareupgrades

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links