Data plan is required for this phone?

This is a discussion on Data plan is required for this phone? within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; hello everyone, i just received my backflip two days ago. it is charming. but i have a question here. When i ordered it together with ...

Thread: Data plan is required for this phone?

Data plan is required for this phone?

hello everyone, i just received my backflip two days ago. it is charming. but i have a question here. When i ordered it together with one iphone online two weeks ago, it is not requiring me to choose data plan for this phone because it is a refurbished one. But when i received it and turned it on at the second day after i received it, it was automatically active and used 3G data. I talked with att representative, he told me the system identified backflip as a smart phone which is obvious and automatically added data plan to it. Thus i cannot get ride of it. so what is going on? why it is not requiring data plan when i ordered it online and why now? i am confused. anybody can explain it? i will appreciate it very much.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

ATT requires a dataplan for all smartphones. Not sure how you were able to order it online (did you order it directly from ATT or from a reseller?) but as the rep explained, once you activated the phone, a dataplan was automatically added to your account.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    ATT requires a dataplan for all smartphones. Not sure how you were able to order it online (did you order it directly from ATT or from a reseller?) but as the rep explained, once you activated the phone, a dataplan was automatically added to your account.

Yes, you are right. i just went to the local store and asked again. some thing.

i ordered this through ATT website. i do not why. but it is true. when i bought this phone, i can skip the data plan option and in the final monthly bill there is no data plan added.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links